Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
833 Views, 7 Replies

Error 1606

Dear I am getting too trouble with autocad 2016 installation. I got Error 1606. Could not access network location Autodesk\AutoCad 2016\R20.1. I am using windows 8 I tried many methods it is not solve. Please help me. Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

You should probably ask this in the Installation and Licensing Forum.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

I try all methods and changed in regedit but no use.

Message 4 of 8
srinivasarao.potla

Hi@Arunj200,

Thanks for your feedback.

could you please check the following articles?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-1606-during-stand-...

Hope this helps,

Please let us know if it words.

Regards,

Srinivas

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Please check my all screen shots

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

See another screen shot also

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: srinivasarao.potla

Dear I can't find the solution there. Please check my all screen shots i have upload

Message 8 of 8
manu.gupta

Hi @Anonymous

We have seen the screenshots, it seems you are using D drive instead of C drive. Can you check if the path to folder really exists or not? Can you check that registry key values of "Common Documents" points to an existing path.

And if it exists, kindly check if you have read/write permissions to access the path. Also, make sure you are logged in as a user with administrative rights before you try to install the product.

If the registry values correctly point to existing folders and you still cannot complete the installation, try running the Microsoft Fixit tool to automatically fix problems with HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders 

OR

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders.

Instructions can be found in the article here.

Regards,

Manu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report