Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1603 Assistance

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3082 Views, 5 Replies

Error 1603 Assistance

I need help diagnosing the problem as to why I keep getting a 1603 error that prevents me from installing AutoCAD for school.

Thanks for the help,

Bryan

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

Thanks for providing the install & setup logs. 

Although, there isn't much useful information regarding this generic error, 1603 errors can happen for a variety of reasons but this error has never provided any information for direction. 

The most common fix for this is to prep the system & try the installation again using the steps below: 

1. Conduct a Clean Uninstall of the previous installation & use the MSfixitTool to complete it
  2. Reboot the computer, make sure apps are not auto running in the background 
  3. Log in as Administrator (check your permissions, full control) or create a new profile
  4. Make sure you have an uninterrupted high-speed connection to the internet & try adjusting your LAN  & proxy settings etc.
  5. Clean up the TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the search bar by the Windows Start Menu and hit Enter, then delete unnecessary (Windows)
  6. Temporarily disable/disconnect security features such as Antivirus, Firewall, VPN & UAC on your Windows operating system.
  7. Apply the latest Autodesk Licensing Service Update & Single Sign On Component (2020 & up). Then restart the computer and test the product. 
  8. Use the Browser Download Method in your Autodesk Account or via the AVA | Autodesk Virtual Agent (download all the parts)
  9. Visit your Autodesk Account & apply all product updates

Let us know how it goes. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

Sadly I did everything you mentioned but I am still getting this error. I tried to launch the both the Licensing installer and the SSO, but for the Licensing installer, after clicking on it and agreeing (you know the UAC popup) nothing shows up. This applies to the SSO installer too.

Message 4 of 6
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

Thanks for sharing this information & the log.

I see that the first installation failure is on:

2020/8/26:18:06:53 Bryan DESKTOP-JDTJNJ8 Install Autodesk AutoCAD 2020 Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603
2020/8/26:18:06:53 Bryan DESKTOP-JDTJNJ8 Installing Autodesk AutoCAD 2020: TRANSFORMS="C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Local\Temp\_AI9385.tmp\x64\ACADPRIVATE\AcadPrivate-standalone.mst" ADSK_EULA_STATUS=#1 ADSK_SOURCE_ROOT="C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk AutoCAD 2020" INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2020\" FILESINUSETEXT="" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ADSK_SETUP_EXE=1

I want to be clear that a 1603 error is a Microsoft error from the Windows Installer, please make sure that you prep the system before attempting an installation. 

The file/s mentioned are trying to write to the location & can not do so, that is why the installation fails. 

Have you cleared out your tmp folder before installing & do you have permissions to read/write to these locations? 

Please use the AIDA Troubleshooter, to learn more about issues on your system, fix the errors pointed out in the results & try the installation again. 

The software needs Administrator rights during installation & at first launch after installation.  Also set up the application to run as Administrator

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

After googling a segment of the error log that was pointed out, I reinstalled Microsoft C++ 2010 SP1, uninstalled the licensing service, disabled UAC, and even did some registry fixes and adjustments, some I'm not even sure what I did. Also created another account on my computer (even though it has the same permissions as my normal account) and did some stuff via cmd promp, for cmd prompt wouldn't pop up on my normal account any more.

After all that, I followed the proper install procedure and it finally worked.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I"ve pass all this time trying this and none of this works. I'm get really frustraded by this experience.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report