Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Education License renewal issue

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
pkame1
1788 Views, 8 Replies

Education License renewal issue

Hello. I already discussed this issue in the Fusion 360 forum but still no solution so I hope someone might be able to help here? My education license to Autodesk has expired, but I was unable to renew it as the "Restart Access" button was not displayed and it kept saying my access was valid through December 17, 2021. A few weeks, ago the restart access button was finally accessible, yet whenever I click on it or on "Get Product" nothing happens. I tried clearing the cache, on a different browser, on a different computer, but still nothing. This is unnerving as I am unable to work on any school and personal project and I am getting no assistance from support -- they will not return any of the cases I submit. I even contemplated deleting my account and restarting all over but deleting your account can take 90 days which is ridiculous. I should also mention that Fusion 360 and 3DS Max do not prompt me to renew my license whenever I open them, unlike AutoCAD which I had to uninstall with the hopes I could reinstall but now I am stuck. 

***THE POST TITLE HAS BEEN EDITED FOR CLARITY***

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
natasha.l
in reply to: pkame1

Hello @pkame1

It should be easy to renew within your account, I have included some step by step information to follow.

Educational Software is offered for a set term of 1 year. Before the term has ended & the software license expires you will need to conduct the approval process to be re-verified if you are still eligible.

An email reminder is sent 30 days before the expiration of your 1 year Education plan access.

To renew access:

1. Make sure you are still eligible for educational access by reviewing who is eligible.
  2. On the Autodesk Education Community website, sign in to your account.
  3. Click Renew Now in the personalized banner notification.
  4. Once you confirm your eligibility, your access will be automatically extended for another year. Any product subscriptions that you hold will also be automatically extended for another year.

To restart access:

If your access has already expired and you are still eligible, you can restart your educational access.

1. On the Autodesk Education Community website, sign in to your account.
  2. Click Restart Access in the personalized banner notification.
  3. Once you confirm your eligibility, your access will be automatically extended for another year.
  4. Once you've renewed or restarted access, there's no need to download a new version of your installed software unless you want the latest version.

If you run into any issues reach out to the Educational Support Team for further assistance. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 9
pcollingwood

Well that did not work. Renew access - No personal banner.

Why do you make this so hard? I think it's time we moved the school to Blender and got rid of this nonsense for good. Every time I have to renew the method has changed, and is VERY poorly and innacurately documented.

Message 4 of 9
jdukovich
in reply to: natasha.l

On this page, it says my education access is good through July 27. However, for me and all of my students, within Fusion 360 the message at the top says that access expires in 10 days.

FusionExpires.PNG

We are using Fusion 360 for multiple grade levels and many projects. How can I ensure that the software will continue to work for us after 10 days?

Thanks

Johnny

Message 5 of 9
gutenbar
in reply to: jdukovich

Same problem here.

autodesk.png

Message 6 of 9
nlewkowitz

I'm having the same problem as others here. I've renewed per the instructions listed above from @natasha.l. My Fusion says it expires in 1 day, but the website says I'm confirmed through July 27th. Also, why am I only receiving a few months renewal rather than a full year? This should not be so hard. Can anybody from Autodesk please reach out and help?

Message 7 of 9
gutenbar

@jdukovich , @nlewkowitz 

The Fusion expired here yesterday.

When I start it, I received the notice in a small window with two buttons. One of them was the education subscription. I clicked on it and the Autodesk site was opened.

So I signed in, downloaded the installer file, closed all Autodesk software running on the system, uninstalled Fusion, and installed it using the installer.

Now, everything appears to be ok.

I receive an email saying that my access will expire on April 20, 2023 (less than 1 year - perhaps the @natasha.l procedures were only visible after the expiration).

As my educational plan is renewed in July, next year I will have the same problem.

Now, waiting for the 3ds Max expiration.

Message 8 of 9
jdukovich
in reply to: nlewkowitz

I had to uninstall Fusion. Then I downloaded the latest version (while signed into my education account). When I reinstalled it, the expiration warning went away. 

Message 9 of 9
gutenbar

That day the Fusion was solved.
Today, the 3ds should have expired, but before opening it, I saw an email stating that the account would expire in 90 days. I clicked on the link and did the renewal. When I opened 3ds, the warning was gone. I didn't have to reinstall.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report