Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG Trueview 2018 Installation via MS Intune

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
Anonymous
5908 Views, 17 Replies

DWG Trueview 2018 Installation via MS Intune

Hello Community, 

Just a quick question, so we've implemented Microsoft Intune on the O365 Platform and I've been using MS Intune to deploy applications to new devices. The only application I can't seem to deploy is TrueView 2018, I can see it downloading but the installation just hangs silently in the background (I checked this via Task Manager). I have spent hours going through the forums viewing detailed articles for silent installations but none of them work. 

Wondering if anyone else has deployed using MS Intune, if so, how?

Thanks in advance,

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
robBouch
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous

Welcome to the community!

I am not familiar with MS Intune, but most Autodesk products have a 'Create Deployment' option in the full installers. These deployments can be used directly or with SCCM to install the software on multiple machines. I downloaded DWG TrueView 2019 from here and it did not have the 'Create Deployment' option. I also checked the 2018 installer and it is the same. You will likely need to install the software directly with the product installer.

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: robBouch

Hey Rob,

Thank you for your reply. In that case, how does a company deploy an application without the option to 'Create Deployment' button? It would be very tedious especially since everything is cloud based now - hence the use of MS Intune - which is similar to MS SCCM. 

Thanks,

Message 4 of 18
robBouch

Hello @Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. I realize that this is less than an ideal situation. You can try the silent installation referenced here.

Your feedback about this can be provided on the Enhancement Portal.

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous

Hi,

I've read your post from 2018 and I'm almost in the same position. My goal is to distribute DWG TrueView 2020 with Intune. Did you solve your issue? Do you have a solution?

In my situation I have the correct source files and I'm able to install the software unattended by command-line:
setup.exe /qb /i /language en-us /quiet

I created a "Windows app (Win32)" with these source files and parameters, but the "Windows app (Win32)" deployment goes wrong with error 0x80070103 and I have no clue to fix this.

@Anonymous @robBouch 

Let me know,

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous

Hey Yuri. I am in the exact same situation. Trying to deploy AutoDesk DWG Viewer 2020 with Intune, but no success. I also receive error 0x80070103. When i investigate the Event log on the PC, I notice an item the in event log (not flagged as error).

Het product is geïnstalleerd. Productnaam: DWG TrueView 2020 - English. Productversie: 23.1.48.0. Producttaal: 1033. Fabrikant: Autodesk. Fabrikant: Autodesk. Status van geslaagde/mislukte installatie: 1603.

The message states that the product was installed, which is not correct. When searching the AutoDesk site for error 1603, i found the following article.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-identify-an-insta...

I am not able to find more detailed information about error 1603. Do you see the same error in the event log? I will investigate a bit more and hopefully find the solution. If i do, I will share it here. Please let me know if you've found a solution 🙂

With regards,
Bastiaan (from the NL).

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous

Hey Bkortenbout & YNLD, 

Another member of staff solved this by packaging the MS Visual C++ into an MSI Package using Visual Studio (very long process from what I hear) however, TrueView only runs after its dependency - Microsoft Office Pro Plus since that installs a few required redistributable items. I haven't got a guide at the moment - sorry!

Kind Regards, 

Message 8 of 18
m_latz

You can't install just the dwgviewr.msi, you have to install all required prerequisites before.

The information which are the required prerequisites is in the setup.ini file of the DWG TrueView install source.

A screenshot from our package we use with SCCM which contains also Design Review 2018 with all prereqs:

AdrTv2018Packages.png

I do not know intune, but with/for SCCM it works without any problems.

regards

Markus

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous

Hey @Anonymous,

I'm able to confirm that I have Event ID 1033 with Source MsiInstaller and error status 1603 as well.
I've installed Office 365 Pro Plus an rebooted the test workstation (because it might have dependencies as described by IT). Now waiting for the setup to start again on this Hybrid Azure AD joined machine.
Let's keep each other up to date on this issue.
Best regards,

Yuri

Message 10 of 18
Anonymous

First I use this tool to package the program: https://www.robinhobo.com/how-to-deploy-win32-applications-with-microsoft-intune/

And when that is done I use these switches for the installation:

setup.exe /W /S /Q /I setup.ini

That is how I made it work on our machines. Hope it can help someone of you.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous

Thanks for your feedback. I've also packaged the application with the IntuneWinAppUtil tool. I've updated my installation parameters (setup.exe /W /S /Q /I setup.ini) but unfortunitelly I still receive the same error (0x800702E4).

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

These parameters worked for me: setup.exe /W /S /Q /I setup.ini

See image:
2019-10-21_14-27-48.jpg

Please rename the folder C:\ProgramData\Autodesk (if exists) before you try again.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous

Thank you Yuri!! Renaming the folder resolved the issue for my test users. Now rolling out the application to a bigger group. I am hopeful this is going to work.

With regards,

Bastiaan

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous

Hi

I am in the same boat now.

Have packed the software (DWGViewer2018) using Winapp32util.

Uploaded the setup.intunewim file and in the command line entered: setup.exe /W /S /Q /I setup.ini

Still same error - the system cannot find the file specified.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous

Nevermind 🙂

Did a repack, and now its working with the previously provided install command.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous

it works perfect.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous

Can some one help me what would be command to install DWG trueview silently using Intune win32 apps 

Message 18 of 18
m_latz

Which version of DWG Trueview ?

regards

Markus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report