Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duration of authorized access

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
p.r.langeveld1946
380 Views, 4 Replies

Duration of authorized access

Hallo there

I do no longer qualify for free student access to Autodesk programs except for Fusion 360. My current  student license for Inventor 2019 is valid through March 29, 2022. My Inventor file got damaged and I intent to repair it. My question: Do I risk to lose access to Inventor the moment I log in to it to carry out a repair. (I do need time to prepare myself and my files to make a switch to Fusion 360.)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: p.r.langeveld1946

Autodesk doesn’t  it kill the license because your not a student anymore

the license is vaild for the entire term whether your a student or not

if your not a student you shouldn’t be using it the license anymore

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 5

Hello @p.r.langeveld1946

You have already installed & activated your educational license, so you will still have access to Inventor until the term ends.

Starting May 2020 the educational community began the verification process for educational users accessing products from the educational community site. Verification will now be required when trying to access Autodesk products from the Autodesk Education Community site. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 4 of 5

You may remember me as the 75 year old Inventor student.

After your well received advice on the duration of my license I have one more question left. The Inventor software on my PC is damaged to the extent that I lack a couple of fills. Material, Material appearance and Lighting styles are empty which make work difficult.

Using Windows >> Apps >> Delate, one can Add or Remove features, Repair or Reinstall Inventor.

To do so one gets involved with the License Transfer Utility.

Can I use the Reinstall feature using my current Authorization code until my code is valid, in other words, without being asked for a new code which I don’t have and won’t get.

I did start with Fusion 360 but it will take some time before I will master it.

Regards,

Message 5 of 5

Hello @p.r.langeveld1946

I have included your question below regarding your educational license of Inventor. The License Transfer Utility is no longer maintained so we recommend uninstalling & reinstalling on the desired device. There is no need to manually activate our recent versions of Autodesk products, you can activate online by either signing in or entering a serial number.  

@p.r.langeveld1946 wrote:

Can I use the Reinstall feature using my current Authorization code until my code is valid, in other words, without being asked for a new code which I don’t have and won’t get.

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report