Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download File ac1st21.dll?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1044 Views, 2 Replies

Download File ac1st21.dll?

Hi There,

Trying to install Free Autodesk Architecture 2017. Installation went well, but when I try to fire it up, I get the message 'can't start because ac1st21.dll is missing'. Action suggested is to reinstall, but all installation are saying successful, therefore not allowing re-install unless I uninstall the whole thing and do it again? Any other solutions?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community..

If you uninstall the product then you void the trial.  This issue could mean 2 things..

1.  Bad install and you can try to run a repair but if the dll is truly missing you can't uninstall/reinstall since its will void the trial.  At that point you will have to install on another machine.

2.  Open a command prompt and type PATH.   In there you should see numerous AutoCAD locations.   Do you see one called C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared?  If its there then go check that location, is that DLL file in there?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hello,

I'm having the same error, and in Autodesk Shared there is the dll I'm missing. But AutoCAD is not running, should  I copy that file also somewhere else?

Thank you,

I

@Mark.Lancaster wrote:

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community..

If you uninstall the product then you void the trial.  This issue could mean 2 things..

1.  Bad install and you can try to run a repair but if the dll is truly missing you can't uninstall/reinstall since its will void the trial.  At that point you will have to install on another machine.

2.  Open a command prompt and type PATH.   In there you should see numerous AutoCAD locations.   Do you see one called C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared?  If its there then go check that location, is that DLL file in there?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report