Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete uninstall of Autocad prior to reinstallation

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
david195
1592 Views, 21 Replies

Complete uninstall of Autocad prior to reinstallation

I have a stand alone installation of Autocad 2018 which became unstable.  I followed the Clean Uninstall procedure:

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Clean-uninstall.ht...

When I then tried to reinstall the program, I accepted the terms, the program then checks for installation requirements and tells me that Autocad 2018 is still installed.  The install button is greyed out.  I then used IObit uninstaller, followed by deleting every file and folder related to Autocad that I could find with the Everything software and finally used the Microsoft install/uninstall troubleshooter.  After each of these, I checked but the install button remained greyed out.  Any thoughts on how I can get the program up and running again?

Tags (1)
21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
m_latz
in reply to: david195

Which AutoCAD 2018 version is it exactly ?

For example "AutoCAD 2018 English 32-Bit" or AutoCAD Mechanical 2018 German 64-Bit with VBA and Update 1.2" ?

I ask, because what you can also try is to install/repair all msi packages manually. After you should have a working AutoCAD or you can use the standard installer to uninstall AutoCAD.

If I know exactly which AutoCAD 2018 version you have I can prepare a "script" for you how to proceed.

regards

Markus

Message 22 of 22
david195
in reply to: m_latz

Thanks for replying.  I was finally able to find a stored backup of the hard drive and solved the problem that way

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report