Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carry over to home

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jrettew7C628
186 Views, 3 Replies

Carry over to home

I worked for a company and left that company to go teach AutoCAD. The school does not us allow us to use their computers for personal use. What would be the ramifications of me buying my work computer to do work at home?

I would be using the license from my company. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mdavis22569
in reply to: jrettew7C628

Nor, it's 2 different licenses and 2 different PC's ..shouldn't be an issue. 

What's created on the educational can't be used in a commercial way on your license though.

Mike 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
jrettew7C628
in reply to: mdavis22569

I'm may have confused the issue. Forget the teaching part. 
My old company would still like me to do work for them. They would loan or maybe sell me the computer I used when I worked for them WITHautocad installed using their license. Would that be an issue? So if they sold it to me, would autocad still work or would licensing be an issue? 
Message 4 of 4
mdavis22569
in reply to: jrettew7C628

If it's their license and they give you permission to do say contract or any work for them then it's legal and OK.

You just can't do the work on the Educational license. It could add a watermark to it. 

Otherwise I don't see any issues. A lot of people have 2 different licenses for work and learning/teaching. 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report