Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot start Revit LT 2020 Trial

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
845 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot start Revit LT 2020 Trial

I have installed the Revit LT 2020 trial, and cannot get it to start. The splash screen appears, but a short time later I see the attached error message. This seems to be a common problem and I've been searching around on this forum and elsewhere online for a solution.

I am running Windows 10 Pro on a machine that has never had Autodesk products installed before. I've tried reinstalling the Autodesk Desktop app, turned off my firewall and AV products, tried reinstalling Revit LT, and determined that the licensing services appear to be running. I've done some other steps that seemed to work on older products but I cannot find any particular solution for Revit LT 2020.

Thank you for assistance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have never seen this error before. What makes you say it seems to be a common problem? What suggestions have you found online to help with this?

Have you managed to log in to the Autodesk Desktop App? Or is it showing a blank screen/spinning continuously...

I have a feeling your issue might be related to this. Other than that, I would suggest a clean uninstall and to reinstall via Browser Download.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I have seen this error mentioned before here (I tried the compatibility mode checker in Windows but no success) and here (however I do not get the "script error" but do get the white screen with the message mentioned) as an example. In the second URL, I have tried removing the /language entry from the shortcut, and running the program as administrator. I don't have a Revit file to try launching it that way. I haven't done the step of the set up and managing users since I can successfully log into Autodesk Desktop.

It seemed to me that the latter part of this "script error" behavior is the closest thing to the problem I am having.

For the advice you have given:

I have checked my firewall logs and see no blocked entries for any of the URLs listed. I checked my local network DNS server and find the same. It does not appear anything necessary is blocked.

I am able to login to Autodesk Desktop normally.

I am unable to install the application via Browser Download. When I log into my Autodesk account, attempting to download a trial yields no results to download. Based on this, it appears that Browser Download is not available for trial versions.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I have found a solution to this problem in my case. This is using Windows 10 Professional.

1. Internet Explorer 11 (not Microsoft Edge) must be installed on the machine.

2. Go to the Internet Explorer 11 Internet Options. Go to the Security tab.

3. On each of the four zones (Internet, Local Intranet, Trusted Sites, Restricted Sites), click the button "Default Level" to reset the security settings for each zone.

4. Revit LT 2020 should now start normally. If you wish to revise the security settings in Internet Explorer, you may now do so. Repeat these steps if Revit no longer starts properly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report