Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Self Extract stuck for Maya 2016

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1424 Views, 6 Replies

Autodesk Self Extract stuck for Maya 2016

I am currently trying to install Maya 2016 Extension 2 and Mental Ray onto my computer, but as soon as I get to the "Self Extract step" I start to have problems. After confirming the destination folder (C:\Autodesk\) for the extraction, the bar does not load and if I try to cancel the tab it stays frozen on my screen. If anyone has the solution I would be very grateful!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
matthew.d
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the issue. Have you tried installing from the virtual agent yet?

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: matthew.d

Hi Matt!

I haven't tried that, could you tell me how the virtual agent could help solve my problem? Just in case you need to know, the current version of Maya I am using is Maya 2016 with the Service Pack 6 update installed.

Message 4 of 7
matthew.d

Hi @Anonymous,

I think I missed the extension 2 part in the first entry. My apologies. Are you downloading the extension from the desktop app or from you Autodesk Account? I'd recommend trying from you Autodesk Account with your antivirus disabled. Do you have any pop-up blockers enabled. There is also a service pack (1) for extension 2 by the way, which can be found here.

Matt DiMichele

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Ah, no worries. After your suggestion, I tried using my Autodesk Account to download both Extension 2 and Mental Ray Plugin, with my anti-virus disabled too, but it still didn't work. There were no pop-up blockers either. The actual download was fine I think, it's once I opened up the download and tried starting the self extract that I had a problem. The bar is still stuck at 0% too, the same as before.

Message 6 of 7
matthew.d

Hi @Anonymous,

Apologies that you are still having trouble with this. Are you running the file extraction, as the admin? Have you also tried the suggestions on this thread?

Matt DiMichele

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

It finally worked after running it as the admin in the properties, like you said! Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report