Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Products lifecycle and end of life.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
13653 Views, 6 Replies

Autodesk Products lifecycle and end of life.

Hello guys, 

I have a couple of questions and i couldn't find any enlightening answers anywhere. I have a list of products and i'm trying to find out their lifecycle and the end of life. Can you help me on this? 

I'm looking for information regarding following products: 

PRODUCT RELEASEGENERAL AVAILABILITYEND OF GENERAL SUPPORTEND OF TECHNICAL GUIDANCELIFECYCLE POLICYEND OF AVAILABILITY
Autodesk 3ds Max 2018
Advanced Evaluation 2008
Architecture Engineering Construction Collection
AutoCAD 2018
AutoCAD Architecture 
AutoCAD Inventor Suite 11 
AutoCAD LT 
AutoCAD Mechanical 
Autodesk Alias Design 
Autodesk ArtCAM
Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Premium 2018 
Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2018
Autodesk AutoCAD for Mac 2017
Autodesk AutoCAD LT for Mac 2014 
Autodesk Flow Design 2014 
Autodesk Fusion 360 CLOUD 
Autodesk Maya 2015 
Autodesk Moldflow Adviser Premium 2017 
Autodesk Netfabb - Standard 2017 
Autodesk PortfolioWall 2009 
Autodesk PowerInspect - Ultimate 2018 
Autodesk PowerMill - Premium 2018 N
Autodesk PowerShape - Premium 2017 
Autodesk Revit 2018 Non-Language Specific
Autodesk SketchBook- for Enterprise 2016
Autodesk Stingray 2018 
Autodesk Vault Professional 2016 
Autodesk VIZ 2006

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks, 

Daniel

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Not sure what you're looking for but here's the rules.

Active single user subscription:  Current version (2019) and 3 legacy versions (2016-2018)

Active multi-user subscription:  Current version (2019) and 5 legacy versions (2014-2018).  However 2014 and 2015 are only being provided to give users more time to migrate to the newer version.  However these extra 2 legacy versions ruling could change at any point.

Standalone perpetual license on an active maintenance plan:  Same as Active single user subscription

Network perpetual license on an active maintenance plan: Same as Active multi-user subscription

Technically any version older than 2016 (at the time of this reply) is no longer supported by Autodesk.  But its all about the history of your product serial #.  Just because a product is no longer supported doesn't mean it doesn't work anymore.  You have some old products but without knowing the serial # history I can't say if you're entitled to it anymore or not.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hello @Mark.Lancaster

Thank you for your reply, this is what I needed to know. 

Kind regards,

Daniel

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi Mark,

Just wanted to get an idea how product support will look after transition to Named User - I heard in video that after the August 7, 2021 cutoff date, Autodesk will not grant license Named Licenses for versions older than 3 years even if the 5 year product life cycle would allow 2016 and 2017 to be supported at that time. Can you confirm?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/transition-to-named-user/how-to-t...

Message 5 of 7
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous 

Its still the current release version and 3 legacy version.

Just because a network license may allow for 4 or 5 legacy versions, technically its still 3.   The extra versions are provided to allow for more time to transition over to the standard rule "current release version and 3 legacy version".   It was never offered to allow you to maintain those version.

Anyhow I'm just a user like you and only sharing my expertise in what I know about licensing and legacy support.   I have no legal standing...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 7
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

I would like to add the documentation we have on this subject to avoid misunderstandings etc.

Please review the information carefully & be familiar with your license type as this will determine the benefits under your contract. 

Autodesk Subscriptions:

Previous Version Benefit

Product support lifecycle 

If you have more specific questions, please reach out to Autodesk sales or visit the "Locate an authorized Reseller" site.

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

Thanks Natasha.

Can you confirm that all current Autodesk customers with license subscriptions must transition by Named User licenses by August 7, 2021?

And also that the earliest version of software that customers will be able to get Named User licenses will be 3 versions prior to current? ie. On August 7, 2021 the current version will 2022, minus 3 versions back = version 2019?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report