Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Mobile Student Version

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
Anonymous
18772 Views, 23 Replies

AutoCAD Mobile Student Version

Hello,

I am a high school construction teacher. I want my class to be able to use the AutoCAD mobile app on their school-issued iPads. I had them all create an education account but when they try to log in on the app it wants them to pick a either the 7 day free trial or the monthly payment version. How can I get my students around this? I was able to log in just fine on the app but I have autodesk on my computer at home. The students do not have the ability to download the desktop version. please help!

Thank you!

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

Welcome. 

That's great that you helped your students create an educational account, when you did this did you also select AutoCAD from the software list? 

Take a look at this video: 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

My Students do not have the ability to download the desktop version. we use iPads only at our school. I would like for them to be able to just log in on the mobile app and use it. I have the software on my laptop but i was wondering if there was a way they could skip over the desktop download?

Message 4 of 24
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

For your students to have access to the AutoCAD Moblile app they will each need an educational account, where they would select AutoCAD from the "Free Software" section on the edu website, this will give access to both the desktop & mobile application. Make sure they sign out of the app after use. 

You may also want to consider using institutional licenses for all your devices, provide your IT department with this information to set it up. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 5 of 24
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Per educational guidelines, school issued assets/machines can not be used for student license.  Student products can only be installed and used on student owned devices.

However this is kind of a grey area since this application is a cloud based application much like Fusion 360 where student accounts are needed to run Fusion 360 in school labs.

Most likely this would have to go the Autodesk Educational support team for clarification and if permitted.https://www.autodesk.com/education/support/edu-contact-us-form

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 24

@Mark.Lancaster

Would logging out when not in use get around this issue, rendering the app useless unless logged in?

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous

So if I have my school obtain a multi-seat license for around 16 kids, that will allow them to use the Autocad mobile app on their iPads?

Message 8 of 24
pendean

AFAIK there is no EDU licensing option for AutoCADMobile, unless it is offered as part of the AutoCAD (desktop) EDU subscription.

Message 9 of 24
leowarren34
in reply to: pendean

@pendean

As far as I can tell it's automatically assigned when you install ACAD, as I have it in my manage products list under student license so whilst not assignable itself its a consequense of having an ACAD EDU license, this just a single user not sure about networks...

Leo Warren
Message 10 of 24
pendean
in reply to: leowarren34

Thank you for sharing your experience with the EDU licensing scheme.

Message 11 of 24
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

Yes, the educational institution would set up a "IT professional" account, that account will have access to a multi-seat standalone option. The mobile app would then be activated/sign-in using the licenses from the educational institutions account. 

I am asking the edu team for more information on how to manage these licenses for students after it is set up, so lets wait until I hear back. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Message 12 of 24
leowarren34
in reply to: pendean

Anytime,

@natasha.l The things I learn from this forum amazes me.

Leo Warren
Message 13 of 24
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

It took sometime to get an answer, but I got it. Ok, so Educational Institution accounts do not have the "User Management" tab we are familiar with. 

Educational Institution accounts work differently, in that the information provided in the single account is used to activate all the licenses for the Educational Institution.  

A single Educational Institution Account = Activates All Licenses for the Educational Institution

Message 14 of 24
leowarren34

@natasha.l

Do you think in the future it would make sense or be possible to move to a similar setup with user managemnet as then staff could easily assign software to students accounts via their school email...

Leo Warren
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: leowarren34

So if i am a student and i have a educational license i can’t use autocad mobile as i use autocad in my desktop version ? 

Message 16 of 24
pendean
Message 17 of 24
leowarren34

@Anonymous 

You sure can have both, as I do.

Leo Warren
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous

Hey, 

i have an educational Account, but i Don‘t know where to insert my key.

could you help me?

greetings L

Message 19 of 24
leowarren34

@Anonymous 

Check http://manage.autodesk.com

If AutoCAD Mobile appears then just logging into your Autodesk account will verify you and allow you to access the app.

Leo Warren
Message 20 of 24
Anonymous

First of all, I want to say it is great that you create a mobile version for students. I need to do my coursework while studying social media, I have learned some information and it turned out that young people (students especially) prefer smartphones to get to the internet and use apps (according to numbers of surveys). Also, I get help from https://writix.co.uk/do-my-coursework this service, where I order a paper to get some materials to compare. So, I can say you help to get in touch with your students so much, wish you will solve the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report