Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Map 6 - serial number - activation error

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1190 Views, 10 Replies

Autocad Map 6 - serial number - activation error

Hi,

I just bought on Ebay an original CD for Autocad Map 6, I installed it, introduced the serial number and the CD key. After instalation, I am asked to activate the product and I get the error below. I wrote several emails to Autodesk, I called them, no answer. Who can explain me what can I do? How I can get an aswer from Autodesk? I bought the software with a contract from Germany and in Europe it`s legal to buy second hand software. I don`t understand why I need an activation code, since I have the serial number and the CD-key and the CD and box, manuals original. Thanks in advance for your help.

EDIT: We have removed the serial number from your post. Please, do not post your product serial number on public websites and forums such as this one.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Otto
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello AGRO_GISCAD and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you want to request an Activation Code. Community members with similar questions found the following article(s) useful:

How to request an Activation Code

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 11
rkmcswain

AGRO_GISCAD wrote:

After instalation, I am asked to activate the product and I get the error below.

What error? Nothing included with your post.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

I paste again the image. You can see it? Thanks.

Message 5 of 11
muriel.a

Hi @Anonymous !

We have removed the attachment containing the serial number from your post. Please do not post your product serial number on public websites and forums such as this one. Thanks

Muriel Assuncao
Message 6 of 11
rkmcswain

AGRO_GISCAD wrote:

I paste again the image. You can see it? Thanks.

Yes, it's in my email. Thanks.

The answer is right there on the info your posted.

My bet is that the previous owner has already registered/activated this license and possibly even upgraded it to a newer one.

Caveat emptor

notq.png

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Ok, thank you very much for your assistance.

Message 8 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Also its against the law for the original owner to sell that product on EBAY and for you to buy it..  It's been banned since 2002 and Autodesk could fine both of you..   Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

We studied the law before doing this. It` s legal in Europe. Have just a look in the link below. 

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/is-buying-second-hand-software-legal/

Thanks.

Message 10 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Ok..   I don't know the law's oversea but here in the states that is not allowed.   Also in my opinion the link you provided is just general information and I don't know the terms and conditions Autodesk has laid out in other countries.  My advice be careful and protect yourself from fines.  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 11 of 11
rkmcswain
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Anyone can transfer media, a serial number, etc. to another party. It's the buyer who should be beware. Even if local laws "permit" such activity, who is to say that Autodesk will be willing to activate/register the software. As a buyer, why take the chance?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report