Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
2243 Views, 21 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2008

We have 10 perpetual licences of Copies of AutoCAD 2008 LT .  Installations are asking for Activation CODES . how to get them ?

Dr. Premanand Shenoy

Roy & Shenoy

India

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

You most likely can't.  Autodesk has stopped activating "older" versions. See this for more details.

I am wondering why your existing licenses suddenly required activation? Did you just (re)install this software?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 22
brettgatti

You are probably out of luck based upon Autodesk's notification regarding Previous Version Support Change

Here is a quote from the posted information:  

If my current network licensing file includes products which are v2010 or earlier, will I be able to get an activation code?
No. Product version is validated during the activation process. Versions 2010 or earlier cannot be activated.

Message 4 of 22
rkmcswain

To reiterate - please let us know what happened on your end to cause it to ask for activation codes? Was this a new install? An existing install that was working fine until a certain date? An existing install, but you changed some hardware?

Thanks.

@Anonymous 

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

It may seem interesting..We have been working with the same copies of 10 Nos of AutoCAD Lt 2008 and 10 Copies of AutoCAD LT 2006 for so many years... We are doing 2D Detailing works. The Desk tops have changed. Some times the Hard disks have crashed.. But we get the activation Codes from Autodesk.Its AutoDESK that suddenly chaged its POLICY, against its own EULA of 2008 attached to the purchase.AutoDESK will loose the battle in the Consumer Courts. Our lawyer has assured us. We might proceed to file a suit.

Prem Shenoy.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous

Many working installations started showing the serial nos xxx-xxxxxxxx. Not any newly installed. AutoDESK COMPLIANCE team atarted threatening us ! We wanted them show correct serial nos of our purchases that lead to activation. We have 21 perpetual licenses. Not one or two..
Please see my reply in general too, for your earlier post.
We are all set to fight unless AutoDESK acts. It has Three Options.1 Give activation codes whenever we ask for it.2 Give us the permanent Activation Codes.3 Give us installtion of the same old versions which does not ask for Activation codes.
AutoDESK can not do anything as they are bound to go by their EULA of 2006 and 2008.
Regs,Roynshenoy.
Message 7 of 22
rkmcswain

Well good luck. I'm pretty sure that Autodesk has more highly paid lawyers, and more money than most who might threaten legal action over this.  They didn't make this decision on a whim. They pay smart people a lot of money to make sure these types of actions are solid. I'm not saying it can't be done, but please report back and share the news with us if anything positive comes up. Perhaps the whole public notice about not giving out activation codes was just a scare tactic and they will continue to give them out if you ask?

If you have not already visited it, there is a forum just for this topic.

@Anonymous 

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous

Our licenses are perpetual but Autodesk wants to eliminate our access to their software when we change our hardware.  Autodesk offered us a viewer this week which I believe is something someone uses that previously had a subscription.  We can see our documents.  We cannot print or save due to a limited access by Autodesk.  This was how Autodesk policed their programs and this had nothing to do with our purchase of “support/service” benefits.  In fact it took over an hour or two to get this information from Autodesk each time.  We believe it was an effort to ger IT departments to recommend upgrading to new versions etc..  We were never on support or subscription of any kind. When we attempted to get an activation code we were told we need to buy a subscription. We never received a letter regarding these changes by Autodesk.  How can this be ethical.

Message 9 of 22
rkmcswain

@Anonymous wrote:

Autodesk offered us a viewer this week ......We can see our documents.  We cannot print or save

If you are referring to DWG Trueview, then you are correct about being not able to Save, but that application does allow printing.

Message 10 of 22
Anonymous

It's happening to me too.

The software worked fine until today, today it performed a license check and asked for activation again. The problem is that it then gives me a code error. Mine is a 2008 LT with perpetual license.

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 22
pendean

LT2008 is dead as of August 31 2019: there is nothing you can do about it today, that ship has sailed.

Sorry.

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Hi !
Our request for the code was in Jul 2019, much before you gave whistle for the ship to sail on 31 Aug 2019 !How do you take it Captain ?
Regards,roynshenoy
Message 13 of 22
rkmcswain

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi !
Our request for the code was in Jul 2019, much before you gave whistle for the ship to sail on 31 Aug 2019

Did you just not post this until 12 SEP then?

sailed.png

Message 14 of 22
pendean

If I may write, why did you not follow up many more times in July and August? I'm curious more than anything.

FYI this forum is not associated with licensing servers at Autodesk, if you did not get a response in July and waited until September 12 (your history in these forums) then you just waited to long my friend.
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I did not know about this forum before. I followed it up with Autodesk. I wish I had known this forum in July. Neither Autodesk nor you told me they would close the support by 31 Aug. I am sure you had known about this..Had I known you....I am so unlucky..
Message 16 of 22
rkmcswain

@Anonymous  - if there is one thing we can't blame @Autodesk for, it's not telling their customers about the 31 AUG deadline for activating old versions. They emailed their customers, resellers reached out to customers, it's been all over the web, mostly with a negative tone, but still.  

Message 17 of 22
Stanley.K

Hi @Anonymous 

For your information, Autodesk not longer support licenses prior to 2010.  The reason behind is because Autodesk’s portfolio of subscription products and services has evolved, and Autodesk realize that they  need to update the related product support policies.

With this, maybe you can think to get the latest version and you will be able to enjoy the latest features. You may refer to Autodesk.com for more information regarding the software you require.

Thank you.

First Name Last Name or First Name .Last Initial

Public Facing Job Title

Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: Stanley.K

But mine is a perpetual license.

After an update of the PC asked me to do the activation again, but the codes are no longer transmitted. How can I do that? I had paid for a perpetual license, and now I don't have the chance to work anymore.

This is not fair and not even correct, in my opinion.

Message 19 of 22
rkmcswain

@arkorsi wrote:

But mine is a perpetual license.

I had paid for a perpetual license....

This is not fair and not even correct

I think most everyone agrees with you. I'm glad to see that @Stanley.K didn't use that sad excuse about not having the technical tools to generate the codes.

Message 20 of 22
pendean

Autodesk notified everyone by email they had on record for them from the year 2007 (for LT2008 users), if you bought direct from them and used the same exact email that you have access to today, and it did not end up in your Junk/Spam folder that auto-empties after 30-days etc.

We are all end users like you and we all think this is very unfair too: we agree with you. But it is too late now for any of us to do anything about it. Sorry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report