Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2018 free student download on windows 10 laptop

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
14945 Views, 9 Replies

AutoCAD 2018 free student download on windows 10 laptop

after the installation is noted as complete, all of the items are noted as "failed to install". I have tried it 4 times with the same result. please help, thank you

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community...

Without your installation log file we can only speculate what the issue at this point.  So post your installation file or I will assume its just failing due to the method you're using.

Although this image is showing Inventor and the 2017 version, the steps are the same.

Access your Autodesk Account, select to change to browser download and download all parts.  Make sure to take notice of how many parts and also your browser may have pop-up blocker enabled so make sure to disable if you are not getting all the parts.

4-2-2017 6-14-54 PM.jpg

Your installation is simply failing due to the method (web installer) you're using.  This method is unreliable and shouldn't be used. 

Finish and download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first as I indicated above. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

However if the installation does fail using this method, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.  Posting info: Sometimes installation log files contain personal information such as your serial #.  Prior to posting your log file please make sure to remove such info.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Same case with mine also
Message 4 of 10
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

The educational community site is working properly, but if you are having issues accessing downloads in your Autodesk Account you can try another method. 

Download & Install by reviewing the following: 

1. Reboot the computer & log in as Administrator 
  2. Clean out the TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Start Menu and hit Enter (Windows)
  3. Temporarily disable security settings like Antivirus, Firewall & UAC on your Windows operating system
  4. Go to AVA | Autodesk Virtual Agent (select from the drop-downs) to access a download link or try AutoCAD 2018 (2.3 GB) - Part 1 | Part 2
  5. Use the activation information (once you select from the drop-downs), the serial number & product key will appear in your Educational Account   

Note: An internet connection is required to activate, every 30days you should be connected to the internet at some point (to verify your license & use the software)

Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 5 of 10
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

Please let us know if you were able to locate a download using the method suggested above.

Also, let us know if you can now access & see any products in your Autodesk Account. If you can not please let us know & I will turn this into a case for you to get this corrected in your account.  

Thank you. 

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Yaa..
I have successfully installed autocad 2018 on my PC, by using the above described method.
Thanks a lot for the help.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

good w

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

good
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

thanl you

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report