Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2017 with SSO for licensing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bmrnksi
617 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2017 with SSO for licensing

Hi All -

Wondering if anyone has had success moving to the subscription licensing model with SSO, Azure AD in my case, and getting AutoCAD 2017 to connect properly?  I've patch to 2017.1.2 and applied the enterprise SSO patch and still no luck.

If I upgraded to AutoCAD 2018 or 2021 there is no problem.  Why don't I upgrade?  Because there's an application dependency with my users who are using an older version of Meridian content management software for AutoCAD that limits these users to AutoCAD 2017.  

bmrnksi_0-1604423904509.png

Anyone's thought would be appreciated.  I am going to try a fresh install, but for now that's where I'm at.

-Kelvin

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: bmrnksi

Why don't you do as the pop-up suggests to find out more, then share it here if you need help

Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 4
bmrnksi
in reply to: pendean

@pendean  -

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, clicking to Enabled advanced diags did nothing.

I did however talk to my co-worker who knows the Azure SSO stuff better, and he's seeing my attempts to SSO via AutoCAD 2017:

Failure reason: Device authentication is required.

Interesting for the AutoCAD 2017 SSO attempts, it incorrectly identifies my laptop as running Windows 8, where as when I run a newer version of AutoCAD, it correctly shows my device as Windows 10.

We believe AutoCAD 2017 is not properly sending the device information in the SSO communication to Azure.

With newer versions of AutoCAD (tested 2018 and 2021) this works just fine.

Let me what you think about this assessment.

-Kelvin

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: bmrnksi

I agree with your observations: looks like you folks will need to upgrade at some point, hope you can find an alternate to the old add-on you wish to continue using.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report