Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2017 - Standalone License Issue

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
524 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD 2017 - Standalone License Issue

Hello,

Have an issue with a few standalone ACAD 2017 licenses, in that they are unable to be activated and am therefore unable to use the software.

Receive the following dialogue box when starting up ACAD:

The licenses were working fine until..................

..........some of the incoming fibre optic cables were severed by building contractors yesterday (cheers lads) which we think may have caused the issue.

Any assistance/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks..........................Phil

This is a public forum, please refrain from posting serial numbers or personal information

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alessandra.G
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

This is a public forum so please do not show your sensitive information on here. Kindly remove the image with your serial number on.

As for the issue, try follow this article: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Contac...

Alessandra G

Message 3 of 6

@Anonymous

In addition to @Alessandra.G information...

Please review this article as well.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alessandra.G

Hey Alessandra,

Thanks again for notifying me of the image.

I accidentally uploaded the image I'd sent to one of our administrators, rather than the image with the fields blanked out.

I'd have probably have found that information (in the link) if I'd searched more thoroughly - sorry, wasn't thinking straight, so apologies for that.

Unfortunately, resetting the local license information didn't work.

I know that our administrator assigned user permissions for the software as everything was working fine until the cables got severed.

I'll ask our administrator to look at the permissions again and check if they're still allocated, in case something's gone amiss.

Thank you for your time and your assistance.....................Phil

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hey Mark,

Thanks for your response and article link.

Again, I've tried all I can (I think), but reckon our administrator will need to check the permission settings, check the Autodesk Account/ID is still correctly assigned and then reassign and reset if needs be.

Useful article though and I'll pass it on to our administrator too.

Thanks again.......................Phil

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Just an update................

It appears the problem occurred when our administrator asked Autodesk to combine 2 separate work-related accounts into one account, due to having 2 different email addresses for the same User.

Which they did.

But when the obsolete account was removed from the system, the assigned licenses went with it....... and needed to be reassigned to the primary User account.

All sorted out now.

Thanks...........................Phil

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report