Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2016 Failed Installation - Windows 10

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
486 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2016 Failed Installation - Windows 10

i tried everything to download it but it keeps sending me this message after the installation begins till it comes to 6 out of 9 this20161024_215421.jpg message always appear

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Darin.Green
in reply to: Anonymous

Download the software from the Autodesk Virtual Agent

Once there, use the Download Links option to navigate to the application you need to download.

NOTE: If there are multiple parts for the download, you'll need to click each part to download them, once they are downloaded double-click Part1 (which will automatically extract the remaining parts) to begin the installation.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 3 of 4
rudi.roux

Hi @Anonymous,  

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I would also recommend using Virtual Agent as @Darin.Green mentioned. If that doesn't help, you could clear your TEMP folder before attempting to install it again. Here is a post from yesterday where the member had a similar problem with both AutoCAD 2016 & 2017 running on Windows 10. I mention a couple of possible step-by-step solutions which might be worth looking at if Virtual Agent alone doesn't do the trick for you.  

I hope this helps! 

Rudi Roux
MSc | Digital Engineering Manager
LinkedIn
Revit Mechanical & Electrical Systems 2018 Certified Professional | Revit MEP & Architecture 2015 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2015 Certified Professional | Autodesk Building Performance Analysis (BPA) Certificate

If this post resolved your issue, kindly Accept as the Solution below. Kudos are always welcome

Message 4 of 4
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

I am sorry to hear you are having problem install your AutoCAD 2016 software. 

You can download your software via the Autodesk Virtual Agent.

Please proceed as follows: 

• Clean Uninstall of the program
  • Logon as an Administrator.  
  • Empty your TEMP folder.  To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Explorer and hit Enter. 
  • Disable your Antivirus software. 
  • Disable UAC. 

W7: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows7/turn-user-account-control-on-or-off 

W10: http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-turn-off-and-disable-uac-in-windows-10/ 

• Download all of the parts Autodesk Virtual Agent
  • Locate the download folder and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe. If you have a permission issue right click and select, Run as administrator.
  • Files will be directed to C:\Autodesk
  • Follow the prompts to install the program

I hope this answered your question or resolved the issue, if so please click Kudos or the "thumbs-up!" Did my response help resolve the issue? Please "Accept As Solution" to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report