Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 Failed Installation

89 REPLIES 89
Message 1 of 90
Anonymous
20248 Views, 89 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 Failed Installation

Hello, I am getting this error in windows 8.1 ".net 4.5 is not installed . autocad 2015 cannot be installled without this component. see your system administrator for more information" Though it installed and enabled. Is there problem with autocad or my Windows 8.1.

89 REPLIES 89
Message 41 of 90
vicenteru
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks a lot, i had the same problem installing Civil3D and your post worked fine, thanks, but i didnt saved the original value of the reg, can someone please tell me whats the value?
Message 42 of 90
dzreti001
in reply to: asburyj

Hi,

Can you also please change my setup.ini to skip the framework check? 

thanks

Message 43 of 90
asburyj
in reply to: dzreti001

Rather than changing your ini file it appears the better workaround is going to be changing your .net framework version registry key as described on the previous page.

Jeffry Asbury
Message 44 of 90
dzreti001

Hi

I tried to change the registry, but couldn’t since my PC is not giving me permission to do so.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Disclaimer - University of Cape Town This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.
Message 45 of 90
asburyj
in reply to: dzreti001

You may need to use an administrator account. If it still doesn't allow you to change you may need to downgrade your OS back to a supported version if you are using windows 10 or if you are using windows 7/8, uninstall .net 4.6. 

It has been confirmed that removing the calls for .net from the ini on it's own will not completely workaround the issue. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 46 of 90
Anonymous

All,

If I'm reading this correctly we are back to zero - AutoCAD will not run on
WIN10 and I am dead in the water. Here's what I did /understand:

I attempted to re-set the registry value for the NET version, and like
others, was not able to save the change regardless of being logged in as an
administrator. In my case, I looked on the previous system that was working
with AutoCAD and entered its NET framework version of 4.5.51641.

The last post (this one that I am replying to) says to revert back an OS.
That is about as unacceptable a solution as I can imagine. Win10 is getting
ready to hit the world in force and AutoCAD does not have the ability to run
on it? This is unbelievable. I pay how much a year for workable version?

My AutoCAD agent contacted Autodesk about all of this. They told him they
have no work around and no schedule for releasing one.

Am I off base here, or is AutoCAD totally failing in its duty's to its
customers? In my case one of 22 years.

Duncan Todd AIA

T-Squared Architecture, Inc
720 583.1886

www.tsquaredarchitecture.com
Message 47 of 90
HarrisonDesignAdmin

Don't give up! It works.

I'll re-hash:

The registry key to change is "version.reg" and it's located in:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client

If you try to change and get an 'access denied' type of error, in the left pane of the registry editor right-click the "Client" folder that contains the key, select "Permissions..." then "Advanced" and take ownership of the folder by clicking the "Change" link to the right of the current owner name. You should then be able to change the value of version.reg.

Mine was set to 4.6.00079 - make a note of yours before you change it to 4.5.

Run the AutoCAD/AutoCAD Architecture/Building Design Suite installation again and it should go off without a hitch.

Change the version.reg back to its previous value when done.

Tags (1)
Message 48 of 90

Hi

Thanks a lot! Its working now! I somehow can’t change the permission to back how it was before.. when I clicked on the “change” link, it showed me that the owner was “trustedinstaller”, then I changed it to administrator, and I could make the changes to the version file… but now I somehow can’t change the ownership to “trustedinstaller” (the default settings).

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Disclaimer - University of Cape Town This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.
Message 49 of 90
dzreti001

Re: AutoCAD 2015 Failed Installation
08-10-2015 04:01 PM in reply to: dtodd

Don't give up! It works.

I'll re-hash:

If you try to change and get an 'access denied' type of error, in the left pane of the registry editor right-click the "Client" folder that contains the key, select "Permissions..." then "Advanced" and take ownership of the folder by clicking the "Change" link to the right of the current owner name. You should then be able to change the value of version.reg.

Run the AutoCAD/AutoCAD Architecture/Building Design Suite installation again and it should go off without a hitch.

Message 50 of 90
dzreti001

Please use the reply from HarissonDesignA as a template for future enquiry on the subject. He explained the steps in details and it was of great help.

cheers

Message 51 of 90
Anonymous
in reply to: HarrisonDesignAdmin

OK - I did get the Owner changed to Administrator. However it will still not allow the change to the NET version. I noticed that Administrator only has "read' permissions. I went into edit and chjanged the Administrator permissions to "full control" but get the error mesage "unable to save permission changes on client" "Access is denied". Also, the user I am logged into is also an administrator user.

Message 52 of 90

@HarrisonDesignAdmin wrote:

Don't give up! It works.

I'll re-hash:

I can confirm this worked for me on a Windows 10 machine.

Message 53 of 90
HarrisonDesignAdmin

Did you try matching the owner to the logged in user rather than the Administrator account?

Message 54 of 90
Anonymous
in reply to: HarrisonDesignAdmin

That looks to have done it. Like a previous comment I saw, I cannot change the ownership back to TrustedInstaller, although it is listed on the page. So my user is still the owner. I suppose that makes no diference?

Thank you very much for your help. I will begin using the new Win 10 system with AutoCAD 2015 Architecture tomorrow and hopefully it will do all it should.

Message 55 of 90
DustinMoore

Wow, that did it! To clarify I wanted to add that THIS is where you add the information and WHAT to add.

users.JPG

In my case, using "Users" without the quotation marks worked for me! 

Extra info, you have to edit the version everytime you install another Service Pack. Smiley Frustrated

Message 56 of 90
Anonymous

How do you change the version?

Message 57 of 90
DustinMoore

I would go back to page One of this thread and it tells you that information.

http://syndicate5.wix.com/dustinmoore
Message 58 of 90
Anonymous

TO SOLVE THE FRAME WORK PROBLERMA NET 4.5 TO THE PROCEDURES BELOW

GO regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ MICROSOFT \ NET Framework Setup \ v4 \ Client

In cUSToMeR clocar with the right mouse button go Permissions and add the usiário all
then go in advanced option at the top esuquerdo in owner clicaqr to change and add the user all
cliacr to replace owner on subcontainers and objects.
Exeter click apply and ok and ok on all screens after this install cutocad 2015 normally.

Message 59 of 90
Anonymous

PARA SOLUCIONAR O PROBLEMA DE FRAMEWORK NET 4.5 EFETUAR OS PROCEDIMENTOS ABAIXO

IR EM REGEDIT

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\NET Framework Setup\v4\Client

Em CLiente clicar com o botão direito do mouse ir em permissões e adicionar o usuário todos
depois ir na opção avançadas no canto superior esquerdo em proprietário clicar em alterar e adicionar o usuário todos
cliacar em substituir o proprietário em subconteineres e objetos.
Depos clicar em aplicar e ok e ok em todas as telas apos isso instalar o cutocad 2015 normalmente.

Message 60 of 90
DanBuia4453

For a price of EUR5000 per license, this is not acceptable. Or, at least, shouldn't be. In my world.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report