Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API for user and assignment management

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sbleeDTJ9P
177 Views, 3 Replies

API for user and assignment management

Hi,

I manage a large number of Autodesk licenses and I'm looking to automate tasks such as inviting, assigning, and removing users. Due to a high turnover rate of over 40% annually, manually managing these licenses is extremely inefficient.

Could you please let me know if there is an API available for user and license management?

Thank you.

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
  • API
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Simon_Weel
in reply to: sbleeDTJ9P
Message 3 of 4
Darin.Green
in reply to: sbleeDTJ9P

@sbleeDTJ9P Unfortunately, no.  Autodesk doesn't provide an API for user assignment.  There is an api for product utilization who's been assigned to an Autodesk product: Overview | Premium Reporting API | Autodesk Platform Services

That API requires an Autodesk Premium subscription.  With the Premium subscription, you can somewhat automatic the assignment via Active Directory by using Directory Sync: Help | Access to Directory Sync | Autodesk

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Darin

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 4 of 4
sbleeDTJ9P
in reply to: Darin.Green

I had the opportunity to speak directly with an APS API engineer at the Autodesk DevCon X Seoul 2024 event. They confirmed that there is currently no API available for user management.

However, they mentioned that something similar might be on the roadmap, although they couldn't provide a specific release date.

Given the high interest in this feature, I wanted to share this update from the engineer to keep everyone informed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report