Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
517 Views, 7 Replies

Activation Issues

I am a technician working with a customer who is unable to activate her Autodesk 2017 license.  From the website perspective it does appear to be activating but the application will continuously reprompt her to activate it and next seems to acknowledge when it is registered.  It is a standalone license and we've tried it under her profile both running normally and as an administrator and under both my profiles which are admin and non-admin.  Since this happens for all these accounts I suspect there is an issue either in the installation, programdata or in local machine on the computer.  Can someone give me some insight on what may be happening here?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Are you seeing the message where the user doesn't have permission and to contact the admin?

If so was this product working before or is this the first time using it?

If it was working before then Autodesk is currently experiencing issues and that's why there's a message banner about your posting and in the forums indicated that.

If its the first time then, you have a desktop subscription and activation is done through your Autodesk ID. At this point the application is not assigned to their Autodesk ID/named account. Which means the contract manger for their subscription needs to log into their account, un-assign the product from their account and then assign it to that person's Autodesk ID. Do you know who the contract manager is for that subscription?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

@Mark.Lancaster

This is the first time we've installed this version on the user's machine.  When it was first launched we had the user enter her credentials for Autodesk which it accepted then entered the key(saw the prompt to contact an admin) and we hit activate.  The window closed and then it just popped back up.  No errors it just closed and came back.  I know who the user for this is also.

Message 4 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

The contact manager for their subscription needs to log into their account, edit their access and remove the product use for their account.  Then they have to edit the access for this user and assign the use of product to them.  However this user's named account may not be assigned to their company's subscription and they will need to add this person user's information before they can assign the product to them.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

@Mark.Lancaster

I'll give that a try.  The user is out of the office the rest of the day so I will have to wait until Monday to test this.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

@Mark.Lancaster

Would you be able to provide me the link of where I can locate the Contract information?  I am scheduled to work with the user but I'm not sure where to go to view this information.

Message 7 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Unable to provide a link..  The contract manager has to log into their Autodesk Account.  I have no access to your customer's information and thus I don't know who this person would be.   Was this purchased through a reseller or an on-line store?

Mark Lancaster

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

@Mark.Lancaster

A vendor, GovConnection to be specific.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report