Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation code

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
949 Views, 12 Replies

Activation code

Hi, my name is James. I need help with my Activation code. For AutoCAD 2014 Software.
Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

I would give AVA (Autodesk Virtual Agent) a try to get it .. if you're getting an error message 

ava.autodesk.com

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

What issue are you faced with?

Activation is only permitted if the serial # is still active.

Are you a student?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

Yes, I'm a student
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

I can't complete my studies. Or keep practicing...
Message 6 of 13
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

As a student, you need to select all products from your Educational Account from the drop down for them to appear in your Autodesk Account & to be able to activate the software. 

educational drop down.png

Let us know how it goes. Smiley Happy

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 7 of 13
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Student license are only good for 3 years.  When they expire you have to request a new license.  Since 2014 is no longer available for students, you must register to have either 2015, 2016, 2017 or 2018 version of AutoCAD.   However when Autodesk released the 2018 version of AutoCAD, the "DWG" database was updated and the only way 2013-2017 can open a 2018 drawing file is to save as to a 2013 DWG format.  Meaning drawings created in 2013 all the way to 2017 can be opened in any of these versions without converting it or performing a saveas.   Not sure what version your school is using but you will not be able to use 2014 anymore.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 13
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

Sorry missed the fact you are trying to use 2014 version, students have access to 2015 -2018. If you are still Eligible for Free Educational Software

you can review the Steps for Setting-Up Student Software

Let us know how this turns out! Enjoy. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

I wanted to check-in with you, I hope you were able to resolve the issue & you were able to download, install & activate the product. Let us know if you have any more questions, we are happy to help. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

I'm fine. I was earlyer looking for a school that I can attend.. Online
with LEDET Training... Do you know anything about this school...
Message 11 of 13
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm fine. I was earlyer looking for a school that I can attend.. Online
with LEDET Training... Do you know anything about this school...

@Anonymous

This forum is for Autodesk installation and licensing issues.  We would not know anything about training schools or offerings that are out there.  However I did take a peak at this school and I have to caution you on this...

This school which is an authorized Autodesk training center does not qualified as a Educational Institution that grants you a free student license for 3 years license.

7-27-2017 10-44-24 PM.jpg

So my warning to you..  You need to attend a school that qualifies in order to obtain a student license.

Mark Lancaster

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

Thanks for the info.. I will try that to see how it goes....
Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

Thank you for the info....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report