Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
319 Views, 7 Replies

About license

Hi, I am new graduated student. I don't have any regular income. Can I continue to use the student license which I have gotten before I graduate. If I do this will I violate autodesk right.I can also use 3ds max for some small commercial purpose. But certainly I am decided to buy 3ds max after I collect enough money.Is my thought wrong? Please tell me a suggestion. Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jfincher
in reply to: Anonymous

I believe the last time I used an educational license when I was still in school, they lasted for 3 years.  That might be different now, requiring you to update your license each year to prove you are still a student.

As far as using the Educational License for commercial use - no, it is absolutely not allowed.

From the AD website:

Definition of Educational Purposes

Generally “Educational Purposes” means (i) in the case of a Qualified Educational Institution, Faculty or Other Authorized Educational Licensees, purposes directly related to learning, teaching, training, research and development that are part of the instructional functions performed by a Qualified Educational Institution or Other Authorized Educational Licensee and (ii) in the case of Students, purposes related to learning, training, research or development. “Educational Purposes” does not include commercial, professional or any other for-profit purposes. Please see the license agreement or terms of service that applies to the product or service you are licensing and/or using for all specific terms, conditions and definitions.

http://www.autodesk.com/company/educational-purposes

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

So, Is it ok if I continue to use my education license to only improve my skills not commercial use?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks for your answer.I think It is more than 3 years and my education license is still available.Actually my purpose of the question is that I like Autodesk .Autodesk products are are very usefull.Because of this I don't want to violate its right.thanks again
Message 5 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

If you are no longer attending a qualified educational institution you are not allowed to continue use of the free software even though you educational license hasn't expired

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

This is sad. I want to improve my 3ds max skill. But I don't have opportunity to by license.
Message 7 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

Well if it was allowed..  People could actually start school, get the license and then quit school within a few days and have free Autodesk license for 3 years..  Thus the reason why its not allowed..

You need to meet the requirements and the main one is..  You are attending a qualified educational institution.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks.the what you say is logical but I think it would be better if some flexibility is provided for users who use the softwares only for learning (without any commercial purpose) .Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report