Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max Indie version - no serial number

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
heynewt
1486 Views, 4 Replies

3ds Max Indie version - no serial number

Hi,

I just purchased a one-year 3DS Max Indie license.  The install did not require a serial number.  But any support issues I have require me to input the serial number.  When I go to my Autodesk Account page Management section, I have version numbers listed, but no serial numbers for my purchase are listed there.  Nothing under the Management section will show me a serial number.Capture.JPG

I have a subscription I.D. # but I don't think that will work.

In a bit of Catch-22 position in that I can't contact support without a serial number, and I need support to actually give me a serial number.  Ugh!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Robert

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
natasha.l
in reply to: heynewt

Hello @heynewt

Just to clarify, can you please confirm that the real issues is that you can not submit a support case. 

Can you try to submit a case from your Autodesk Account, no serial number is required in this case. 

Contact Support_Autodesk Account.png

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 5
heynewt
in reply to: natasha.l

Thanks for pointing that out.  I'll use that method to contact support.

I was originally attempting to contact them about getting a use-at-home license addition to my indie license, and that request can't be made without a serial number.

Still, I'd like an answer from them about why I don't see my serial number in the Management tab.

Thanks,

Robert

Message 4 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: heynewt

its because the license is based off of your autodesk account not a serial number

no need to request a home use license just install it & log in using your autodesk account info

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 5
heynewt
in reply to: DarrenP

Perfect, that answers my question.  Thanks Darren!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report