Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max 2016 Startup Failure

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
498 Views, 1 Reply

3DS Max 2016 Startup Failure

dsafag.png

3DS Max has stopped working on my computer for unknown reasons, halting completely on this stage of the splash screen and remaining that way until I decide to close it through the task manager.

I have attempted everything I can think of to fix the issue, from full uninstallation and removal from the computer registry before a fresh install (with the firewall and antivirus inactive), to rolling back the graphics card driver as suggested in other threads. Running the program as the administrator does nothing to change the problem either, and I am aware that Windows 10 is not currently supported by AD, however 3DSMax was running just fine on it up until now.

If I could get some assistance on this, I would like to get 3DS max up and running again asap since I completely rely on it working for my university projects. Thanks in advance.

MSI Laptop

Intel Core i7-4710MQ 2.5GHz CPU

32 GB RAM

GeForce GTX 970M GPU

Windows 10 Home @x64

Standalone System

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I couldn't figure out what the problem was with 3DSMax and ultimately had to do a reinstall windows 10. You can select an option to reinstall the OS without deleting personal files which was helpful. I would have done a simple system restore, but I discovered that Windows10 does not have system restore enabled by default which meant that I had no references for the computer to restore back to. Something to definitely turn on while you're at it.

3DS Max worked fine after reinstalling windows however. So I imagine it could be an issue with the registry or how Windows OS interacts with the program.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report