Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2016 - Can't write mouse

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2070 Views, 6 Replies

3ds Max 2016 - Can't write mouse

Hello.

I want to Customize my User Interface in 3ds Max 2016.

I get this error everytime:

2.jpg

Can't write mouse.

What does it mean? How do I solve?

I already tried deleting everything in the ENU folder of 3ds max 2016, nothing changes.

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have this issue in 2017 as well. Any solutions?

Message 3 of 7
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

For starters you are in the incorrect forum.  This forum is for installation and licensing issues.  You are getting into a specific operation/issue/function in a given Autodesk product.  Post over >>here<< for a better results.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 7
gary.allison73

I've gotten this in 2016 and 2017.  Anyone else?  What's the solution?

Message 5 of 7

@gary.allison73

Did you actually see my posting?  About being in the wrong forum?   This is not an installation and licensing issue.  Please post over in the related forum

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 7

I did, but this is the only place that this issue has been discussed.  If you have an answer to the problem, myself and others would appreciate it.

Message 7 of 7

@gary.allison73

However the problem...  The main user's who monitor and support this forum are not really 3DS Max Users and/or Experts so mostly like we don't have the answer here.  If you didn't get any response from the actual users in the 3DS Max forum, then mostly likely no one here will even know how to resolve this.  Smiley Wink

However when I did a search I found another forum (not in the Autodesk community) and someone stating they were having this same sort of issue in 2014 and another person stated it sounded like something was messed up in your Windows profiles.  They recommended that you try closing max, back up and delete everything in here: "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\<year version> - 64bit\ENU", restart max.  I will leave that up to you if you want to try it but I'm not a 3DS Max user/expert and I have no clue if doing this will impact anything or not..

In the end if this is a free/student/educational license you really don't get support from Autodesk since the software was free.  You only have the forum for your support.  Smiley Wink  If this is commercial license then you get support from Autodesk by logging a support case in your Autodesk Account or through your reseller.

Mark Lancaster

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report