Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2014 Error 20 - win8-64

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
wild_shebl
94139 Views, 29 Replies

3ds Max 2014 Error 20 - win8-64

Can anyone please help? Every time I try to open 3ds Max I get the message window, "The software license check out failed. Error 20. By the way I am using Windows 8, 3ds Max 2014

29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30

Can anyone please help? Every time I try to open 3ds Max I get the message window, "The software license check out failed. Error 20 and . By the way I am using Windows 10, 3ds Max 2014

Message 22 of 30

Same on Win 7. You must uninstall something and then install again, like you are Autodesk's employee because they do not care, they don't even have an e-mail to write to. 

Message 23 of 30
dionne.lewis
in reply to: wild_shebl

This solution worked for me with Windows 10 for  Building Design Suite 2015 products  that kept receiving error 20. Thank YOU for this Solution! 

Follow the steps from this forum post.. Good luck

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/the-software-license-checkout-failed-error-20/m...

This is the way to pull up the Run screen for Windows 10.

Select the Windows button icon and the letter RSmiley Wink

Also, once you run services.msc , there will not be a standard tab to choose from. Instead, the list will be right there in front of you on the right.

Simply continue the instruction searching for Flex....per the instructions above.  Cheers!! Happy 2016 🙂

Message 24 of 30
mariustipa
in reply to: dionne.lewis

Hi Thanks for answer. I run Win 7. Happy 2016 to you too.
Message 25 of 30

Hi i noticed that you are having the same issue i had, check in programs and features and then go to 'turn windows features on'... check if .Net 3.5 is installed, if not insert your Windows installation disk or mount an ISO (of the same windows version installed) then run

Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:F:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess    (run this in command prompt as administrator)

In the line where it specifies ( /Source: ) enter the drive letter of the windows installation disk

after it has installed enable it in 'turn windows features on' and retry the installation

Message 26 of 30

Hi, Check FLEXnet Lisensing Service should be running in MSConfig.

You can quick open Windows 10 MSConfig via search> then open tab "SERVICES". 

Message 27 of 30

Thank u it helped

Message 28 of 30
stefan.anakiev

Hi, Guys I managed to solve the issue especially with the new windows 10 updates.

I did it like this-

1. uninstalled the 3ds max - only- without uninstalling backburner vray etc..

2. Then I was able to delete all files in c:\programdata\flexnet , because before the uninstallation I was not able to delete one of the files

3. in start menu I wrote > cmd .. than regedit enter

and there in the registries I deleted almost everything possible that was related to 3ds max

of course I stopped the windows 10 updates permanently

installed 3ds max, it asked me for registration so I did it new registration

and now its all OK

Message 29 of 30
rajJBZBN
in reply to: nick68

The error 20 that shows up every time you open your program is related to the application’s broken license.

There are so many Autodesk users that are having the same problem as you are and all are related to a corrupted license file of the software. Even if they have the same problem, they still have different ways of solving it.

For one user, reinstalling the product solved the problem. Try reinstalling it on your computer. Uninstall it first then restart your machine. After booting, install Autodesk again then see if the problem is fixed.

But if still not then the problem might be caused by a corrupted file inside the ALL USERS folder. To fix it, open Windows Explorer then go to Tools then Folder Options. Select View tab. In “Hidden files and folders” category, select “Show hidden files and folders”.

You may also uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)” to make sure that all files are visible. Click either Apply or OK. Go to “C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataAutodeskADLM”. Find the file called “Cascadeinfo.CAS” and then rename it to something else.

After this, start Autodesk again and you’ll see the application will work again.

Renaming the file “Cascadeinfo.CAS” will make Autodesk create a new file that will fix the problem.

Message 30 of 30
rajJBZBN

The error 20 that shows up every time you open your program is related to the application’s broken license.

There are so many Autodesk users that are having the same problem as you are and all are related to a corrupted license file of the software. Even if they have the same problem, they still have different ways of solving it.

For one user, reinstalling the product solved the problem. Try reinstalling it on your computer. Uninstall it first then restart your machine. After booting, install Autodesk again then see if the problem is fixed.

But if still not then the problem might be caused by a corrupted file inside the ALL USERS folder. To fix it, open Windows Explorer then go to Tools then Folder Options. Select View tab. In “Hidden files and folders” category, select “Show hidden files and folders”.

You may also uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)” to make sure that all files are visible. Click either Apply or OK. Go to “C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataAutodeskADLM”. Find the file called “Cascadeinfo.CAS” and then rename it to something else.

After this, start Autodesk again and you’ll see the application will work again.

Renaming the file “Cascadeinfo.CAS” will make Autodesk create a new file that will fix the problem.

This is the best answer i can give you. i tried and it works proper !!! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report