Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max 2013 Edition - Mental Ray 3.10 issue during install?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
241 Views, 1 Reply

3DS Max 2013 Edition - Mental Ray 3.10 issue during install?

Hi all, First time post and beginner user of Autodesk applications; I'm a game development student 😛

Anyway, Several months back I successfully downloaded the student edition of 3DS 2013 to this laptop without error. However, an issue persisted whereupon i had to relocate my hard drive to another computer temporarily. Soon after getting the original laptop back, I found 3DS unable to run, and i began a full wipe of 3DS and associated programs in order to redownload and reinstall. In short, deleted EVERYTHING 3DS related, even the files found within the appdata sections and My Documents area.

However, this is where the problem begins. halfway through install, I have a popup telling me that the Mental_Ray 3.10 service wont start due to lack of privellieges and wont even allow me to continue with the install of the original program. How can I overcome this issue? Never used Mental Ray so far when using 3DS, so i dont see how it is an issue; am i missing an update, or have i forgotten to delete something specific?

Will Attempt to run in Admin mode, and see if the problem persists.
P.S: I would update to a newer 3DS version, but 2013 is suitable for my needs and is the program based at my college.

My system spec:

Windows 7

32-Bit System

4 GB RAM 

300 gb partitioned drive(s)

1.5 GB Graphical Memory

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

UPDATE: Found the source of the issue but dont know how to resolve.

After running the services app built into windows, I found that Mental Ray 3.10 is unable to start due to the startup file not being specified, and that a code 2 error is happening. Do i have to reinstall/replace the missing program before it begins to work? if so, where do i find it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report