Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max 17 download fail

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
269 Views, 4 Replies

3ds max 17 download fail

I Have been trying to download 3d max and each time it fails. At the end of the download a list appears with the name of the files with a red cross next to each. I have tried contacting support and its not helping. I have attatched the log .

Any help would be much appreciated 

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Otto
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello mhairi95 and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you need to find out more about downloading or re-downloading software, or are having issues that may be resolved by re-downloading.

For Windows users, before downloading products on Windows 10, please check that the product is compatible.

For general information about downloading or re-downloading (including eligibility), Community members with similar questions found the following article(s) useful:

Download Finder

Previous Versions of Autodesk Software

Download Methods

Find Your Eligibility for Previous Versions of Autodesk Software

Oftentimes installation and/or download issues can be addressed by using a different download method, or by downloading directly from the Autodesk Virtual Agent. Community members with similar issues found the following article(s) useful:

Software & Downloads

Downloading Previous Versions of Autodesk Software Using the Virtual Agent (Please be sure to disable your firewall and anti-virus before downloading)

Performing a Clean Uninstall

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Otto

My laptop is windows10, however it still passes the requirements for downloading 3ds max 2017

Message 4 of 5
Alexander.Rivilis

Best way is using Autodesk Virtual Agent  in order to download full installation package of 3DS Max 2017.

Instruction:  Installing Autodesk products from the Virtual Agent

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 5 of 5
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

Please also run through the steps below before downloading and installing your software. 

1. Log in as an Administrator 
  2. Empty your TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Start Menu and hit Enter 
  3. Temporarily disable your Antivirus software & Firewall
  4. Temporarily disable UAC:  Windows 7 , Windows 10 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report