Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016 DWG TrueView: Licence to Edit

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
4730 Views, 7 Replies

2016 DWG TrueView: Licence to Edit

Hi Guys,

I work for a telecom company and I am often looking at telecommunications infrastructure and designs. Currently I am using DWG True View which only lets me view designs. I want to be able to made adjustments to the design. Are you able to guide me through the process and provide some additional information?

Thanks

Sakiv Kamal

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

DWG Trueview is just that.. A viewer...  It cannot make changes to the native files.

Are you looking to mark-up the drawings so others can make the changes or are you actually making the changes yourself?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

So I receive the original designs in DWG format from the client of the telecom infrastructure. And I will have to make changes according to how the telecom infrastructure was actually built. 🙂

Message 4 of 8
DarrenP

trueview isn't the right product then 

like what was said above trueview is just a viewer nothing more

what programs are your consultants using?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

In my old company, I initially had access to TrueView. Later to be able to make changes, I was informed that we require a license. The IT team followed up and made changes to the system. Everything remained the same including the TrueView interface. The only change was that I was able to make changes to the design now by openning DWG files. 

So I am wondering what I need to do to be able to do the same. Because I am not sure which product to pursue. I have attached a sample of our design in DWG if you wanted to have a look at what we are dealing with. 

Message 6 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

Autodesk DWG Trueview is a viewer and always has been a viewer.  There's no license for it since its free.  It can only be used to view/print files and convert drawing files to legacy file formats.

Not sure what you had at your old company but if you were modifying drawing files it wasn't with Autodesk DWG Trueview.  Some other company may have called their product Trueview but if it was an Autodesk product, its only a viewer.

Edit:  So if you need to edit drawings you need to purchase Acad LT, full AutoCAD, AutoCAD 360 or some other application so you can modify DWG files.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 8
pendean

Ask you IT services team to provide you with a cad program (free or for pay): DTV is only a viewer, you're old firm probably had AutoCAD which looks the same but allows editing.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for that.

Yes, so i needed AutoCAD LT. I have downladed the 30 day free trial for now and it is working perfectly. 

Thanks for all the help!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report