Installation & Licensing Feedback Hub
Share your perspective directly with the Product Managers, User Experience Designers, and Engineers to help us create the capabilities that best meet your needs. Autodesk Employees post topics on this forum based on conversations in public forums and inside Autodesk and we invite anyone to reply.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

{CLOSED} - Exciting New UI Improvements to the Products and Services Page

31 REPLIES 31
Message 1 of 32
fergal_adsk
3043 Views, 31 Replies

{CLOSED} - Exciting New UI Improvements to the Products and Services Page

We are planning an exciting overhaul of the User Interface for the Products and Services page in the Account Portal so that we can make it easier for customer to get access to the product or service they want to use. 

Highlights of the Upcoming Changes 

• Only present data that is relevant to getting access to a Service or getting access to the Download and Install of a Product. 
  • All accessible Products and Services listed in one flat view. One Tile per Product or Service.
  • One Click Install access.
  • Detailed page per Product with pre filtered lists of available Updates and Content.
  • Subscription related data (License, Order, Term, Serial Number info, etc) is all accessible on the Subscriptions and Contracts Page. 

We would love to hear your feedback and thoughts on some questions below. 

Here are some early mocked up examples of the existing UI compared to the newly planned UI. 

Existing Products and Services UI 

fergal_adsk_0-1623260415502.png

Mock Up of the New Product and Services UI 

• Flat View of all Products and Services

fergal_adsk_1-1623260491259.png

•  Detailed Page Per Product and Service 

fergal_adsk_2-1623260491269.png

Questions  

( 1- Strong Yes, 2- Yes, 3- Neutral, 4- No, 5- Strong No) 

1. Do you think this will make it easier to find your product or service in the Account Portal?  
  2. Do you like the simplified Tile layout view? 
  3. Do you like the pre-filtered list of updates for the Products? 
  4. Are you concerned about moving all Subscription related information to the Subscriptions and Contracts page?
  5. Do you have any other ideas, suggestions, feedback? 

31 REPLIES 31
Message 21 of 32

Do you have a timeline on this?

It would be helpful sooner rather than later for planning purposes. 

Message 22 of 32

We don't have a solid timeline on this capability yet but it's likely to take a year+ before its rolled out. We're still very much in the planning phase for the automatic update capabilities and once we have our plans firmed up we'll certainly be updating this forum and soliciting more feedback.
Message 23 of 32

In the meantime, are we able to use the API to download product updates? If so, can you send me the help guide.

Message 24 of 32
JamesMaeding
in reply to: fergal_adsk

Questions  

( 1- Strong Yes, 2- Yes, 3- Neutral, 4- No, 5- Strong No) 

A) 5

B) 5

C) 3

D) 1

E) The two biggest things on my mind, are:

What will we do when adesk forces per user seats, given we are on network server now?

They talked about giving 2 named seats for each network, but then charging sub on those.

That was a while back, and curious to hear how that is going.

What problem is adesk trying to solve by making a big bulky tiles list?

Its not that useful just throwing a new design at us, and asking "what do you think?".

Given that we have asked for less bulky web forum format for years, its interesting to see more bulk proposed for any interface.

thanks

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Message 25 of 32
Anonymous

Will there be any improvements to the User Management section? With the classic user management, I could add a user and then add a license from a list of all available contracts.

With the new system, I need to go into a specific contract to add a user. This can lead to a user being licensed in multiple contracts, eg a premium license and a regular license.

Message 26 of 32
fergal_adsk
in reply to: Mark_Henze

Thanks for the feedback Mark. We believe that we will be resolving a significant pain point reported by numerous customers who experience difficulty finding their product downloads and installs. By focusing on how to make it as easy as possible to find your downloads and installs in as few clicks as possible, we think we will be providing an improved experience for all customers.
Message 27 of 32
fergal_adsk
in reply to: JamesMaeding

Thanks James,
Regarding the Multi User subscription trade-in question, customers have until 2023 to take the trade-in offer. Customers won't be able to renew their current Multi User subscription after August 2022. For more details check out this webpage. https://www.autodesk.com/campaigns/transition-to-named-user.
Also, this customer success story is a good example of how the trade in offer and transition worked for a specific customer. https://blogs.autodesk.com/technology-manager-community/2020/10/28/tvsdesign-how-i-transitioned-150-...

With regard to the new tile view for the products and services, we are trying to resolve a long standing pain point for customers who have difficulty finding and accessing their product downloads and installs. By minimizing the required clicks and steps a user has to go through and by highlighting the Install and download button, we believe we will provide a better, simplified experience for all our users. Based on all of the great feedback we have received in this forum we will look to make it as minimally bulky as possible.

Hope that helps and thanks for the great feedback.
Message 28 of 32
JamesMaeding

@fergal_adsk 

I noticed this line in the success story article:

TIP: We chose to trade-in 100% of our seats, but if you don’t need twice as many named user subscriptions, you can consolidate and save by dropping some of your seats at renewal.

I don't get that. The things I read said the trade in was same cost as no trade-in.

This issue keeps coming up and its getting hard to track.

Is autodesk going to make us pay sub on those extra seats we gain?

There must be some time limit on that discount I am guessing.

I can say that all this convincing on ROI and whatever benefits is working against Autodesk. Its ok to say how to transition, but when you mix in how its so good for us, you blow your cover.

Message 29 of 32

We have made the switch earlier this year - 

You get 2 named user licenses for each network license.

The price of each named user license is half the network license cost (or there abouts) so the total cost does not change - 2 named user licenses = 1 network license in terms of cost (not in usefulness though).

I believe we have 8 years of discounted pricing which was set out on the switch to named user pages. Only Autodesk know what is going to happen after that.

If they intend to put the prices up to full subscription after that we will be looking at five times our current cost which will be unsustainable for us.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 30 of 32
JamesMaeding

@andrewpuller3811 

ah, thx for that. Our company would be fine with that, as we only have about 20% of seats not being used all the time. 8 years is actually generous IMO. thx

Message 31 of 32

And just to confirm the time for the reduced prices, it is mentioned on this webpage at the very bottom. 

https://www.autodesk.com/campaigns/transition-to-named-user#trade-jump

"*The renewal SRP for standard subscriptions obtained through this offer will increase by no more than 5% in 2021, 2023, 2025, and 2027 – with no changes in SRP for 2022, 2024, 2026, and 2028. Savings of 3-year subscriptions is compared to the SRP for 3 consecutive, annual subscriptions."

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 32 of 32

Be careful with this pricing. Autodesk will always tell you that the final pricing is up to the reseller. Every year since we switched the reseller that we have to use as a government agency has increased the price above those "guaranteed" by Autodesk. I've had to appeal to Autodesk each year to get the price structure Autodesk is offering.

The reseller claims that Autodesk increases the price to them. So they're only passing on that increase. 

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report