Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOE-2 simulation

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
lsanchezVMWCY
3257 Views, 19 Replies

DOE-2 simulation

Hello

I  run an energy analysis by  Generate Insight. Then, I receive an email stating that my model has been received by Autodesk. And 5-10 minutes later I receive another email stating that my analysis has failed. Below it says " An error has occurred related to the DOE-2 simulation.

It is below and may be of assistance in determining the issue with your building model. <br/> *2993 * V1 = ( 6996135.17060367, 1484853.01837270 )<br/>*ERROR**************** ================ ******************************************************<br/>*ERROR*****VALUE NOT BETWEEN -52800.0000 AND 52800.0000<br/>*ERROR*****VALUE NOT BETWEEN -52800.0000 AND 52800.0000<br/>*ERROR********************************** ================ ************************************<br/>*ERROR*****VALUE NOT BETWEEN -52800.0000 AND 52800.0000<br/> *2995 * V2 = ( 6996259.84251968, 1484888.45144357 )<br/>*ERROR**************** ================ ******************************************************<br/>*ERROR*****VALUE NOT BETWEEN -52800.0000 AND 52800.0000<br/>*ERROR*****VALUE NOT BETWEEN -52800.0000 AND 52800.0000 "

I have try adjusting the energy settings, I have used the Building Elements mode, and the Conceptual Masses mode and both give me the DOE-2 simulation error.

What does that mean? What I have to adjust in the model?

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
mstein7484
in reply to: lsanchezVMWCY

Hello,

This error is related to an energy simulation limit on distance of 10 miles (52800 feet) between the site point of origin and the building vertices.

In the error message the two building vertices are extremely far from the site origin point. 

V1 = ( 6996135.17060367, 1484853.01837270) is x=1325.03 &  y=281.22 miles

V2 = ( 6996135.17060367, 1484853.01837270) is x=1325.05 &  y=281.23 miles

Is this intentional?

You will have to change the site origin point. This Revit Help topic may help you. 

Let us know if you have more questions on this topic, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: mstein7484

i have the same issue. my failure email says the following: 

Error: Issue: An error has occurred related to the DOE-2 simulation. It is below and may be of assistance in determining the issue with your building model. <br/> *20124* ..<br/>*ERROR****************************************************************************************VERTICES are not counter-clockwise <br/> *20125* <br/> *21287* ..<br/>*ERROR****************************************************************************************VERTICES are not counter-clockwise <br/> *21288* <br/> *21337* ..<br/>*ERROR****************************************************************************************VERTICES are not counter-clockwise <br/> *21338* <br/> *21688* ..<br/>*ERROR** **************************************************************************************VERTICES are not counter-clockwise <br/> *21689* <br/> *21761*

Message 4 of 20
mstein7484
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Sorry for the cryptic & misleading error message.

These groups of errors are most often indicative of a numerical instability issue in Revit. Most likely your model coordinates may be too far from the point of origin.

Reset the model origin. In Revit go to the Manage tab >  Coordinates > Select “Specify Coordinates at a Point” > Choose a point somewhere in the model and set the X,Y,Z values to 0,0,0. Then try to Generate Insight again.

See section of the new help for more information: http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2017/ENU/?guid=GUID-9F244D1F-8EEA-4DAE-97E2-DF5312B66589

Let us know if you have more questions on this topic, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous

Dear Autodesk Community,

I have encountered a similar problem during my attempts to export a Revit project to Insight360:

"Error: Issue: An error has occurred related to the DOE-2 simulation. It is below and may be of assistance in determining the issue with your building model. <br/> *60062* "aim156856" = WINDOW<br/>*ERROR******************** ====== ************************************************************<br/>*ERROR*****The name aim156856 was already used on line 60031<br/> *69162* "aim137417" = WINDOW<br/>*ERROR******************** ====== ************************************************************<br/>*ERROR*****The name aim137417 was already used on line 69132<br/>"

I have already tried applying multiple solutions proposed in other post, and manually examined the model without any luck. Could you propose a possible solution? I am using the latest Revit Version.

Kind regards,

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

That is indeed not a very helpful message. 

Please do the following so I can track down the back end files from your analysis and take a better look at what is triggering the errors:

1. Log into Green Building Studio with your Autodesk account (Green Building Studio is the back-end service used by Insight).
  2. You will be taken to the Projects page. Click on the Project associated with the failed analysis.
  3. You will be taken to the Runs List page Open the Actions menu and select Export the run list to Excel.
  4. Open the file and send me the RunId (you can send it in a private message).

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous

Dear Marjorie,

thank you greately for your assistance. I hope it does not take too much of your time to determine the problem.

Kind regards,

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

The runs for the exported csv file you sent all succeeded.

Looks like you downloaded results from the wrong project in Green Building Studio.

If the Insight failed, the Green Building Studio project list will indicate the failed project has 0 in the Number of Runs column. Open this project and download the csv file from there. 

Otherwise if that was indeed the correct project, then the error message should not have been triggered, and you should have Insight results. You can confirm by going to the Insight website directly and look in the All Uncategorized Insight folder.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous

Hello,

i have found the original file, however the csv export does not seem to be very informative. What exact part of the document can we look to find the specific errors?

Thank you very much in advance!

Message 10 of 20
Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

The csv file looks like all of the Insight parametric analysis runs were successful. 

What error are you seeing, and where are you seeing the errors?

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous

Dear Marjorie,

The csv has no errors listed, however in the "Project Runs" list every run is marked as failed. When I hover over the error button, the original error text from my e-mail pops up. Is there a possible walk around? Maybe I could find corresponding elements within Revit 2018 and edit/remove them?

Thank you for your assistance!

Message 12 of 20
mstein7484

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous

Hi @artPP2XK

There are two instances of openings in the DOE-2 file generated by Insight (DOE2 is the simulation engine used by Insight) with duplicated names. These names are assigned automatically by Revit when generating the energy model, so I'm not sure how the duplicated names happened, but it looks like there are some surfaces that were split when the energy model was created and since these openings are attached to those surfaces that may have caused the duplicated name problem.

Here are the problem surfaces:

• aim303857 opening (46.5 m2), attached to CAD Object Id 19945 floor (47.4m2)
  • aim216216 opening (46.6 m2), attached CAD Object Id 18610 roof (47.5 m2)

I've attached two screenshots so you can see the location in the dwfx file (which I was able to download from the backend servers). 

Not sure of the best way to avoid this since it looks like an Insight bug. Maybe make some small edits to the surface resolution setting in the Insight Settings to see if that helps. If you still don't have success you can send me your Revit file.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous

Thank you kindly for your help!

I have removed the surfaces and the simulation seems to run properly. It seems that curved vertical openings cause such issues in Revit. It would be really great to be able to automatically exclude the problematic surfaces, if they seem to hinder the simulation.

Thank you again for great support!

Message 15 of 20
g15C9XDB

This is the error message I received. Please help

Error: Issue: An error has occurred related to the DOE-2 simulation. It is below and may be of assistance in determining the issue with your building model. <br/> * 418 * "aim0171" = DAY-SCHEDULE<br/>*ERROR***** ========= ***********************************************************************TYPE NOT FIRST KEYWORD <br/>*ERROR***** ========= ***********************************************************************UNKNOWN KEYWORD or PREVIOUS .. MISSING <br/> * 445 * ..<br/>*ERROR****************************************************************************************<br/>*ERROR*****- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - TYPE = *UNDEFINED*<br/>*ERROR*****- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - TYPE = *UNDEFINED*<br/>*ERROR****************************************************************************************<br/>*ERROR**

Message 16 of 20
mangomsay

Hi everyone, i have a simillar mistake with my simulation some days ago. I know that this issue can be solved if i dont select the "detailed elements" option in config, but i spend a lot of time with my project's layers. 

My question is: How can I know which of the walls or layers are failing exactly through the error message?

This is the message:

Your analysis failed.

Detailed status:

Model: ModeloSimplificado

Error: Issue: An error has occurred related to the DOE-2 simulation. It is below and may be of assistance in determining the issue with your building model. <br/> * 590 * ..<br/>*ERROR****************************************************************************************<br/>*ERROR*****Cannot simulate LAYERS aim2660 as given. The wall is too thin or<br/> * 600 * ..<br/>*ERROR****************************************************************************************<br/>*ERROR*****Cannot simulate LAYERS aim2681 as given. The wall is too thin or<br/> * 807 * ..<br/>*ERROR********* == ***************************************************************************<br/>*ERROR*****aim2660 has no data due to previous error<br/> * 815 * ..<br/>*ERROR********* == ***************************************************************************<br/>*ERROR*****aim2

Message 17 of 20
psmGBPVX

Hi Marjorie,

I'm just getting to gips with insight, but had this same problem. (when I re-set the coordinates to 0,0,0 it worked)

I was wondering if there is another way around resetting the co-ordinates however as we use these on almost every project, and they are set out to the UK national Grid. which allows us to the specify the location of items on plan using the spot co-ordinate tool.

The internal origin, the project base point and survey point are all local to the building, its just the co-ordinates which are set to real world. So I was wondering I there's a way I can keep these coordinates in the model, but also run an energy insight?

Thanks

Message 18 of 20

This is the error message I received. Please help.

Error: Issue: An error has occurred related to the DOE-2 simulation. It is below and may be of assistance in determining the issue with your building model. <br/> *11831* ..<br/>*ERROR****************************************************************************************Two VERTICES are identical <br/> *11832* $aim21994_N_Shade_sp-None<br/>

Message 19 of 20
RyanCameron

So check your origin point before you calc is what I'm gathering from this. I think that's what is happening to me too. cheers,

RB Cameron, AIA, LEED AP, EDAC
Digital Practice Leader

Message 20 of 20

Any solutions to this???

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report