Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Heating and cooling load Icon

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
raaid.aldoury
1047 Views, 14 Replies

Active Heating and cooling load Icon

Hi 

Any one could help me how can I active those inactive analysis in insight 360 in Revit 2017. It is clear that PV Analysis active while others inactive 

c h load-2.JPG

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
mstein7484
in reply to: raaid.aldoury

Hi @raaid.aldoury

The loads results should automatically appear without you needing to take any additional steps. There may be problems with the retrieval of the necessary weather data on our end.

What is the location of your project? I will see if I can recreate the issue.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 15
raaid.aldoury
in reply to: mstein7484

Dear Mstein7484   Thank you 

My location in Istanbul. 

Thank you for your help 

location.JPG

Message 4 of 15
mstein7484

Hi @raaid.aldoury,

I am able to see the Heating and Cooling load results when I run a model for your location. We were having issues previously with some weather EnergyPlyus (which is used for calculating the heating and cooling loads) data being unavailable. 

Can you try again?

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com
Message 5 of 15
raaid.aldoury
in reply to: mstein7484

I have run the model as you have asked to do but as you see in attached
image it still inactive.

Thanks
Message 6 of 15

Can you please change the location to a north american city and try generating Insights?  Unless there are issues with the ddy information for the location, you should be able to see the heating and cooling loads rendering in the Insight.

Krishnan Gowri, Ph.D. FASHRAE, LEED AP
Principal Engineer
Generative Design Group
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: krishnan.gowri

Hello, I'm running into the same problem.

It's not the weather data. Even when I put my model in the middle of Manhattan, loads are greyed out:

Capture.PNG

I guess there is some variable in the model somewhere that the cloud service doesn't like. But I can't figure out which one.

I have an early model version, works fine:

Capture2.PNG

And a later version, no loads. Now I'm even getting an Architecture 2030 error:

Capture3PNG.PNG

No idea why.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Your model’s geometry might be causing some issues for creating EnergyPlus (the simulation engine used by Insight for heating and cooling loads analysis) thermal zones automatically. In the Energy Settings, please set the analytical space and surface resolutions to 8" and 6" respectively, and use the combined mode (conceptual masses and building elements) options to create the energy model. Then try to generate Insight again.

The Architecture 2030 Error indicates that some of the automatic parametric runs may have failed. You can confirm this by logging into Green Building Studio (the backend service used by Insight). www.gbs.autodesk.com. On the list of projects, the number of runs should be either 247 or 248 (depending on the HVAC systems applied to one of the parametric runs). If there are fewer runs you can see which ones failed by clicking on the project to see the list of parametric runs. Mousing over the red x by failed runs will show the error message.

If you are still encountering the error, then please send your model for further investigation.

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button if this solves your issue or answers your question so that others may also benefit from the information

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous

how many layers are in your walls?

Message 10 of 15
Anonymous

Hello,

@Anonymous It's a direct translation of the architectural model, so fairly detailed (as built). That's actually a good hint, I will try to replace those with simplified slabs and walls.

I did try overrides with schematic types, but no luck. Plan C would be to remake everything with Massing Elements. Using building elements is so much hassle.

@Anonymous Could I bother you to look at the model, maybe you can find some obvious mistake: https://autode.sk/2KYeP6K

I would really appreciate that.

I made it relly simple. No windows

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

@Anonymous

Alright, I think I figured it out (60% sure).

There is something funky going on with the Insight Plugin and languages.

My original Projekt was is German, it was opened and resaved between different languages and I believe the building data got somehow messed up?

When I try to run the gbXML from Green Studio in Energy+ directly, it complains about a building type not being defined. Which makes me suspect the building data is stored as a string and not as proper parameter id, maybe?

The weird thing is, when I link my file to a brand new (empty) ENU Project and bind it...

Eh voila, loads are back: 

Capture3.PNG

Even with detailed elements, windows, doors, layered walls and slabs.

Really strange.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

Just to confirm, after a sleepless night of testing...

Using building data from a US metric project template instead of german, resolved my issue.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for the update. Sorry you had so much trouble making it work. It's a good tip to pass along to other users.

Message 14 of 15
raaid.aldoury

Dear Lucente, 

They are 5 layers. 

Message 15 of 15
Anonymous

I believe your answer is above...

My shot in the dark was if you had 10 or more... the system cant handle that...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report