Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Layer Control

Surface Layer Control

Currently under the Surface Layer control panel the Sketched Coverage Areas & Sketched Land Areas take priority over everything else.

What I would like to be able to do is to move these two areas below any other area that has been imported into IW.

This also goes for the Roads & Railways and Terrain Surface controls too.

Thanks

5 Comments
scunningham
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi, Trev. I'm not sure I follow exactly what you mean: is this idea about being able to customize the display of the items on the list in that panel (screenshot below for reference, for others who may be unfamiliar) or is it about the behavior of those assets (such as their draw order) in the mode?

Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 1.14.16 PM.png

TrevN
Collaborator

Hi,

It's about their draw order. I have imported a corridor surface into a model that has had a lot of work done on it and has some coverage areas that I have placed manually. I now want the corridor surface above that coverage but cannot do so because I cannot move the new corridor coverage above it in the table shown above.

Does that make sense?

scunningham
Autodesk
What you’re looking for is for is a way to control draw order. (In your example, you want the imported corridor surface to not be altered by anything, like those coverages.)

One follow up question: Does it matter to you if that’s done through the Surface Layers panel, or just that it’s possible somewhere within InfraWorks? (The Surfaces Layers panel wasn’t designed to establish draw order. It’s possible we could adapt it or replace it with one that does. We may have other ways of providing that control elsewhere, so it helps me out by understanding if there’s something about the panel that’s particularly important to you.)
scunningham
Autodesk
What you’re looking for is for is a way to control draw order. (In your example, you want the imported corridor surface to not be altered by anything, like those coverages.)

One follow up question: Does it matter to you if that’s done through the Surface Layers panel, or just that it’s possible somewhere within InfraWorks? (The Surfaces Layers panel wasn’t designed to establish draw order. It’s possible we could adapt it or replace it with one that does. We may have other ways of providing that control elsewhere, so it helps me out by understanding if there’s something about the panel that’s particularly important to you.)
TrevN
Collaborator

I don't mind where it can be done, the layer panel seemed the ideal place as it sort of mimics Civils 3D / AutoCAD.

We just need control of what surface coverage / road / object lies on top of what.

Another example would be where we want to keep a road in place but have a transparent or full coverage over it. Currently roads takes precedence over everything, which isn't ideal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report