Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for HTC VIVE

Support for HTC VIVE

In additional to support for the Oculus Rift, I would like to see support for the HTC VIVE. These are the 2 primary VR devices on the market at this time and it would be a shame if only the Oculus was supported by Infraworks as opposed to both. We use the VIVE compared to the Oculus due to the support for larger spaces with which to interact inside our created environments. We are beginning to use it more with Autodesk's Stingray and I have been very please with it so far, except for the fact that it is not supported in Infraworks.

7 Comments
mark_kauffman
Advocate

A quick note regarding the Oculus. We have both the Oculus and the VIVE and we have found the Oculus to be rather temperamental compared to the VIVE. Plus, it would appear the Oculus team is experiencing some litigation issues which might affect future development.

Perhaps, another option might be to adopt the newer Windows Mixed Reality spec in the Windows 10 Creator addition.  This would provide a broader development platform, allowing adoption of multiple devices. 

andre.chaisson
Enthusiast

So its almost 2019 and there hasnt been any movement on this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm am also requesting support for WMR headsets.
ochicaT4PUD
Explorer

Vive support please.

ramesh_sridharan
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

We are looking into AR/VR as in this idea. Will it take care of this request?

mark_kauffman
Advocate

I believe it will. Ultimately, Ramesh, I feel that a more generic approach to AR/VR would be better than supporting a specific product line. I'm excited to see what your team comes up with. 

ramesh_sridharan
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report