Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roads - Cut and Fill Materials Please

Roads - Cut and Fill Materials Please

Currently when roads manipulate the surface in cut or fill there is no way to change the texture/material of these cuts and fill.  So you can not tell visually where the natural ground begins or ends.  Also in reality fill materials will not be the natural ground so need to look different.

Our team do visual impact assessments.  When I put in a road with large cut or fill into the hillside and then look from a far off vantage point, I can barley see my slither of tarmac, which gives the impression of no visual impact. In reality the road will be sitting on some compacted fill material.

There should be an option to change the material in the style pallet.  Incidentally the water areas have something already like this with the 'bank material'.

As you can see from the image.  For the road the trees on the image overlay look like part of the grading.  The water bank behaves more realistically. 

The way to get around it for now is to create a coverage area using the 'daylights' in Civil3D, import and overlay the areas and texture to suit.  But that is time-consuming for any optioneering.

If I have missed something...Let me know!

Thanks

2 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

This has been implemented

nzeeben
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Available from 2017.3 onward.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report