Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Railway Design in the Same Fashion as Road Design

Railway Design in the Same Fashion as Road Design

We need the ability to design rail lines with the same tools / functionality as roads.

8 Comments
scunningham
Autodesk

This is something we hear quite frequently from many customers, and we know we have a lot of work to do in this area. I'm going to leave this as "Gathering Support" so that people know to vote on it and also look around to see if I can consolidate similar ideas already posted into one.

scunningham
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

gchakri
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

@TrevN Thanks for the input and we are pulling this into our roadmaps and will update you all soon with more details.

TrevN
Collaborator

It's been nearly a year!

Are we going to see this anytime soon?

We really need this now!

bertrand.savarit
Advocate

Hello everybody,

As @TrevN I was wondering if this possibility will be available soon?!

Lots of cities have tram networks and we need to be able to design them.

Thanks for your answer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello from Mother Russia guys.  This post has been almost 3 years old, and you still haven’t done the normal support of the component railways.  For me, of course, this is a big mystery, why?  Why, for roads, here you have profiles and curves with transitions.  And the option that everyone offers to take the usual road and turn it into a railway in styles is complete nonsense.  All the examples that were shown are a couple of paths in the field following in parallel in a straight line.  And enter a curve with these “styles” or pair these paths with the railroad switch, what will happen is that you will get a usual road intersection on the railway.  Why do not such examples show in your webinars?  In general, I think you understand that to my indignation (and I think of many designers) there is no limit why such a huge layer of design has been forgotten by your program?  Please answer, well, when will you add normal rail support?

Thank you!

gperego
Enthusiast

Thinking to recent Civil 3D improvement about Rails, I think time arrived for InfraWorks component Rail object!
Rail design is a big market, and is growing a lot.
We ask for rails!
Thanks

james.melvillEHTCX
Participant

I'm horified that this is still an issue. Anyway, I'm adding my support to this effort. Please AutoDesk. Do your thing!.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report