Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Cloud Layers

Point Cloud Layers

Can we have Point Cloud Layers?

So when multiple PointClouds are loaded, that we can decide which are visible and which are not.

13 Comments
ramesh_sridharan
Autodesk

Hi John,

I agree. With the increase in point cloud usage, controlling scan by scan will be of great benefit. It is already in our priority list and we look forward to get to that as soon as possible. I really appreciate your feedback.

John_DeLeeuw
Advisor

Hi Ramesh, thx for your reply. Great that you will be working on that.

Maybe, you can also try and get the ReCap regions (per scan layers) in like AutoCAD already does?

ramesh_sridharan
Autodesk

Sure, will check it out. Thanks, John.

gchakri
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

In our roadmap for future releases...

John_DeLeeuw
Advisor

Hi Chakri, I hoped this was implemented in the latest release but it's not. Any idea if this will be in the next release?

ramesh_sridharan
Autodesk

John,

This item of showing each laser scans by different color and ability to hide some of them is still in our list. In recent (as well as upcoming) release, we were mainly focusing on processing point cloud processing and hence couldn't get to items like these. Now that the processing is stabilized in Infraworks, we will soon reach out to some of the peripheral usability items like this. I will keep you posted. Please feel free to email me so that we can discuss little bit deep in this subject so that the tool we implement fits your expectation.

Thanks.

ramesh_sridharan
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

John_DeLeeuw
Advisor
AndyWalker
Advocate
Agreed this feature would be great.
gsismanACAD
Advocate
I also agree this is a needed option. Point cloud usage is increasing exponentially and integrating any usability tools in Infraworks for point clouds should be pushed forward, especially as the planning community embraces point could collection for existing conditions backdrop, much cheaper than the time intensive process of building a 3D Street model from scratch or an existing aerial photo extraction of topo
John_DeLeeuw
Advisor

@ramesh_sridharan , InfraWorks 2020.1 has been released but still we don't have Point Cloud Layers. This is disappointing ☹️

ramesh_sridharan
Autodesk

@John_DeLeeuw  I know, I like that feature too. Since more and more users bringing RCP directly instead of multiple RCS (this is kind of efficient on terrain generation anyways), the need for this "color by scan" theme for point clouds kept going down in value. Having said that, I do understand the cases where user wants to compare multiple scans, switch off/on, etc can be extremely valuable. We are going through the most voted ideas to prioritize for the next development, let me check with the team to bubble this up.

John_DeLeeuw
Advisor

We have arrived in 2024 @ramesh_sridharan, I've been really patient on this. Any news for the upcoming release?

🙏

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report