Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open ArcGIS already made projects

Open ArcGIS already made projects

I was disappointed to realize that the ArcGIS button in Infraworks was only able to link to the ArcGIS database instead of letting me open and link-in an existing ArcGIS project from my server. If these Autodesk software are supposed to be super compatible, this seems like an obvious connection to be made that would help save time instead of having to re-compile data from scratch in Infraworks when a perfectly organized ArcGIS project exists. 

For context: I have a ArcGIS project that has hundreds of shape files compiled and grouped nicely that I downloaded originally from Open Toronto. There seems to be no way to connect these two files, only to reimport every single shape file which is extremely time consuming and redundant. 

2 Comments
ramesh_sridharan
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

@HilaryRomaniuk the Connector for ArcGIS is designed to connect to Feature/raster service data in ArcGIS Online/Portal or public data. You can either look for Toronto data under "Public" or publish your ArcGIS project which can be accessed.

HilaryRomaniuk
Contributor

Hi there. 

Yes I realized this. But there are shape files that are not available on ArcGIS online but I do have them on my computer. Specific data that is needed instead that was not available in your portal. For that, I have an existing ArcGIS project. Yet I cannot open said project. So I am suggesting allowing a tool to open an existing ArcGIS portal instead of only accessing our online portal. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report