Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medians Islands

Medians Islands

We use concrete medians and islands on most roads we design. Autodesk needs consider adding custom median/island placement. At the moment we have to jump through many loops to insert a median or island on a road. The attachment show that islands that I have added as a Sketchup file. The turn lane medians are part of my road design style, but do not react how I would like. Filleted curved ends at the stop bar.

Also, customizing curb returns to allow for compound curves would be very useful.

4 Comments
gchakri
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

I request you to write the turn lane median controls as a seperate idea.

Regarding Traffic Islands, typically do they have some standards govering their geometry? Some thing like:

• Their location connected to the stop bar location (ofsetted or something)
  • Does taper rate of island is related to the intersection angle? or is it paralle to the curb rurn radially?
  • Any rules for ADA access and Refuge island standards?

Any more details on this would be helpful.

I also encourage other users over here to comment/vote on this if it is important to you.

Thanks

~Chakri

The median needs to have the ability to:

• have a elevation difference between the sides, different profile control. Without having to fake it in with two roads.
  • sloped interiors for a low flow point within a median
  • ability to set the flow elevation seperate from the roadway profile
  • ability to have a mounded shape between the curbs
  • ability to have a concrete mow strip behind the curb (and the ability to have it variable width)
TrevN
Collaborator

Hi oriolep,

On your .PNG file, for your white lining and arrows, did you use the out of the box white ling or did you add your own?

scunningham
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report