Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil BIM - Swale

Civil BIM - Swale

A swale object would be swell to have!

This swale object would allow the user to specify a bottom width, including zero, side slopes, maximum flow height, underdrain, gravel bottom, different layers of materials, and the ability to assign a c value to the swale. 

Some of the new fangled requirements for these swales may be called vegetative swales for LID and stormwater approaches, one of which can be foundn in that manual.

5 Comments
Charlie.Ogden
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, a swale design would be great and could it also be assigned to line up or intersect with the edge of a road, footpath or berm.

Charlie.Ogden
Autodesk

Hi James, thanks.  I'm assuming by "line up with" you're talking about a swale or ditch that would follow along side a road or footpath... but I'm not sure what you mean by intersect with.  Unless by intersecting with a berm... you'd mean something like a channel leaving the spillway of a pond?  If you have any images of examples that'd help too.  Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Charlie,

You are correct. See the attached pdf, it should make things a bit clearer.

Regards,

James
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yes! YES!!!! YES!!!!! The old swale object...Judging from the level of programming that Infraworks 360 has displayed so far it this "Swale Creation" tool should interface with catchments and culverts as a minimum. The time has arrived to link hydrology in Infraworks. This is something that has a major disconnection in Civil3D and something that is a fundimental requirement for site design. What goes in one end must come out the other, or go into a tank...there's another idea!!!

Great idea CivilReminders and I love your blog!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report