Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary Hide Imported models

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2937 Views, 6 Replies

Temporary Hide Imported models

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to temporarily hide a sketchup model that is imported into Infraworks. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: Anonymous

There are a couple of different ways. One would be to put it in a proposal and they other is to open the Model Explorer and turn it off.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 7
John_DeLeeuw

@Anonymous, yes this is possible by setting the Visibility of the Feature Class your Sketchup model is on.

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Community Ambassador - Twitter - LinkedIn

Message 4 of 7
ToddRogers-WPM

2017-08-14_13-20-34.png

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: John_DeLeeuw

@John_DeLeeuw I'm still pretty green in Infraworks and I saw in the link you posted that they had additional folders in the data source panel, how do you create those? 

2017-08-29 11_33_35-InfraWorks Help_ The Data Sources Panel.png

Message 6 of 7
John_DeLeeuw

@Anonymous, although you can create custom Feature Classes and attributes, these are still not supported by InfraWorks. Until that happens, I suggest you use the existing Feature Categories to turn object visibility on/off or use @ToddRogers-WPM suggestion of Proposals.

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Community Ambassador - Twitter - LinkedIn

Message 7 of 7
kamble-mangesh

I wanted to know the same thing that how to create the user defined feature type. so I tried one option in Model Explorer, after right clicking Buildings, click on Add Extended Schema and Voila! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report