Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stormwater simulation

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Yonas89
1032 Views, 8 Replies

stormwater simulation

Hello,

is there way to create a short animation of stormwater flow Infraworks? I want to visualize the flow of stormwater on my model, but I am looking for the best way to do it. Thanks for any recommendations.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Matt__W
in reply to: Yonas89

The flow within pipes? Or the flow of water down a hillside? Like using flow arrows? In either case, I don't believe it can be done. At least not with Infraworks alone.

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 3 of 9
Yonas89
in reply to: Matt__W

yes, the flow of water down the hillside, something like that. 

Yes, I think the infraworks it's not capable to do it alone, but I am hoping someone has ever done something similar.

Message 4 of 9
Matt__W

Just thinking out loud here (read.... "untested"), if you wanted arrows to indicate the flow of water you could import the Infraworks terrain into Civil 3D, turn on flow arrows for the terrain's surface, use the EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command in C3D to remove any AEC objects and strip the DWG down to core AutoCAD elements, then import the dumbed down DWG into Infraworks as a terrain overlay. It won't be animated though.

Matt Wunch

Twitter | LinkedIn

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 5 of 9
Yonas89

yes, thanks for the workflow. I understand it, but my aim is to do animation. I think I saw something similar somewhere but I cannot remember...

Message 6 of 9
Matt__W

*MAYBE* you could hack the flood simulation module (Project Boulder) to hide the water and just show the flow arrows? This short YouTube video highlights some of the features of Project Boulder.

Other than that, I guess the next, more difficult route, would be 3DS Max.

Matt Wunch

Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 7 of 9
Yonas89

oh, yes that  will work in my case.

Thanks a lot!  

Yeah, do it with 3DS Max would be cool, but I will leave it for the future this time.

Message 8 of 9
Matt__W

Glad I could help. I'd be interested in seeing a sample video that you come up with if you wouldn't mind posting a short snippet.

Matt Wunch

Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 9 of 9
Yonas89

Sure, I can post it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report