Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roundabout central Island style edit

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
oliverkisera
376 Views, 7 Replies

Roundabout central Island style edit

Hello good people, is it possible to edit this central Island radius of roundabout, maybe like to swap it out with something else, will appreciate your answers, thanks in advance, Ive attached a screenshot of the roundabout

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Click in the center of the roundabout and then change the values in the asset card that appears...

Screenshot 2023-03-29 070052.png

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 8

thanks for your reply, what I ment is how to like replace the greenspace at the centre of the roundabout island with something like a water feature, I have tried bringing closed circular shape files from civil 3D and mapping them at the centre of the roundabout so that I can treat them as water areas but when I do that, I cant see the water features at that place, thanks

Message 4 of 8

I'm not seeing any option to change the material.

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 8

Have a look at this image Ive attached, I was trying to sketch a water area that I wanted to appear on top of the roundabout, you can also see the surface layers, could there be a way of rearranging the order of priority of these layers such that the sketched water area can appear on top of the centre of the roundabout?

Message 6 of 8

I tried creating a coverage area and a water area, and it will not allow you to change the order of it. This could be a design flaw in the software. I've never messed with this until now. Pretty frustrating. @Karsten.Saenger any tips for this?

Todd Rogers
Message 7 of 8

Hi @oliverkisera , @ToddRogers-WPM ,

the roundabout materials are hard-coded.
Maybe there is a .json file where materials can be edited, I will need to find this out myself.

A quick, but complicated way is to load a raster image file as "overlay" and place it exactly on top of the roundabout.
It will be difficult to scale it to the exact size and you will need to define some transparent areas as well.

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

I received the confirmation that the materials for the roundabout are hard-coded and it's not possible to edit them.

This sounds like a good product enhancement idea for the InfraWorks Ideas.

Regards,

Karsten

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report