Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit model not found in model

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bforr
474 Views, 5 Replies

Revit model not found in model

Following the steps outlined in "A Match Made In Coordinates: Bringing Revit, Civil 3D, and InfraWorks Together At Last" the fbx file doesn't come in where it should.  Where it goes, I don't know.  How to you find it in the model?  Anyhoo, the nwc file pops in at the right spot in C3D, but nothing seems to work for me Infraworks for this.  Coordinate system is the same in C3D and Infraworks, I used the Shared Reference Point in C3D for use in Revit, followed all instructions, but to no avail.  Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: bforr

Hi @bforr ,

I understand your intention is to insert a Revit model into InfraWorks, correct?

Do you use InfraWorks 2020.2? If yes, try the workflow mentioned in this article:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/Best-Practice-Bring-in-Revit-Models-into-InfraWorks

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

I too have the same thing in mind..

Message 4 of 6
bforr

ah it looks like I am running 2020.1.  Thought I was up to date.  As soon as I get finished excavation quantities, I will update, read your link, and let you know what results.  Thank you for responding.

Message 5 of 6
bforr

hmm I went here...https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/update looking for Infraworks 2020.2 but all that was there were 5 country kit hotfixes and one parts builder update.  Was I looking in the wrong spot for 2020.2?

Message 6 of 6
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: bforr

Hi @bforr ,

it's confusing, but just re-download the latest full product and it will be 2020.2.

(Quick tip before you install: There were quite a few users that experienced problems with the automatic un-installation (me included). So, uninstall version 2020.1 manually via Windows Program and Features before you run the setup.exe for 2020.2.)

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report