Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Levels changes when converting roads to Design Roads

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
825 Views, 4 Replies

Levels changes when converting roads to Design Roads

Hi all

I have a problem. I hope you will be able to help me.

I am importing a road from AutoCAD Civil 3D into InfraWorks (.imx). The road is placed correctly. To analyze the road I need to convert it to a Design Road (Road module). When I convert the road all my vertical points will change to a few vertical points and change the profile of my road.

Do any of you know if it is possible to keep alle the vertical points when converting from road to design road?

Best regards

Louise

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BrianHailey
in reply to: Anonymous

If you have the latest version of InfraWorks, you can bring the Civil 3D drawing in directly and your road should come into InfraWorks as a design road (provided you have the Autodesk Roadway Design tools initiated).

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: BrianHailey

Hi Brian

Thank you for your quick answer. I do have the latest version of Infraworks and the road module.

I import my road by using import .imx fileformat, but this doesn´t work. How do you import the road to a design road directly?

Best regards

Louise

Message 4 of 5
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Louise,

the issue that road geometry might be changed after the conversion to design roads is a known issue in the current release of InfraWorks. It will be fixed with version 2016.

I think what Brian means is the Civil 3D - Infraorks data exchange workflow.
You should be able to directly load a Civil 3D DWG into InfraWorks and Civil 3D features (alignments, etc.) are recognized and imported.
Please note that with localized program versions the local import might not work correctly, use the cloud import instead.

Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 5 of 5

Is the issue still relevant in 2019 version

I am importing civil 3d data in Infraworks the vertical geometry changes completely

How to rectify this

Thanks in advance

Trupti

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report