Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infraworks - is this what I need?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
470 Views, 4 Replies

Infraworks - is this what I need?

Dear Infraworks uesers,

I would like to ask for a piece of advise. I'm looking for a software which would enable me get 3d map of Central London either from gogle Earth or other sources and than put a series of my Revit models into those coordinates so I can create a flyover presentation to show the portfolio of the company.

I was wondering in Infraworks is capable of doing in?

any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Bart

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the forum.  InfraWorks 360 would be ideal for this.  You can take a look at some of the projects people have created with InfraWorks 360 by clicking the link below...

https://infraworks-gallery.autodesk.com/projects/popular

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 5
Willy_Campbell

Hi @Anonymous,

InfraWorks is a great platform to do exactly what you describe. Especially with the Model Builder functionality. MB uses a combination of OpenStreetMap data for roads and buildings, BING Maps for ground imagery, and varying data sources for ground data depending on your location in the world. 

It is possible to setup your Revit Model locations so they import to their real world location, and line up where they should in the model.

Check out the link from @ToddRogers-WPM, so you can get a taste of what IW users are up to. 

Willy Campbell
Message 4 of 5
Matt__W

Here's a quick Screencast I put together showing how easy it is to create a 3D model to start building on using Infraworks' Model Builder function. It's important to not that this video has not been modified in any way. The total time it took to create the 3D model from start to finish was just shy of 4 minutes. The time where it looks like nothing is happening I'm just waiting for the model to be put together in the cloud.

The downloaded model isn't perfect as you'll see but there are ways to clean it up using land areas to flatten the mounds along the airport runway for example.

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Infraworks might be good for you, There are a few products out there that can do the same, some better some not.

Have you tried TerraExplorer yet?

http://www.skylinefrance.com/en/products/terraexplorerpro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report