Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infraworks Freezing with windows build 17134

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Devin
1160 Views, 8 Replies

Infraworks Freezing with windows build 17134

After opening Infraworks 2019 in the new windows build (17134), when you try to open properties or create a new project, the whole program locks up and wont do anything.   Does anyone know what's going on with that or have a work around to this?  I use it to manage our lidar data and i can manipulate any of it for Civil 3d 2019.

also, does anyone else have issues with the software rendering only half of the grids it makes or just not drawing anything after modeling it.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
SethHall
in reply to: Devin

Hi @Devin

I am looking into this right now, but unfortunately none of the machine I have access to have the latest Windows 10 build. I'll keep you posted with what I can find out.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 9
SethHall
in reply to: Devin

@Devin

Any chance you a running  NVIDIA graphics? If so, could you please make sure your drivers are up to date as there has been an update to address issues with Win 10 1803: https://www.geforce.com/drivers

Let me know if this helps.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 4 of 9

Didn't help here.  Currently working with Karsten Saenger on same problem.

Tags (2)
Message 5 of 9

Hi @TheCanadianPrimate

Further investigation revealed that updating the NVIDIA driver would not resolve the issue. It is due to the Windows April update build 1803. If you have this build, please consider rolling it back to a previous version until we and/or Microsoft get to the bottom of the issue. I rolled mine back without issue and InfraWorks now behaves as expected. Please see this article:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/infraworks/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Inf...

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 6 of 9
Devin
in reply to: SethHall

I was not able to test it over the weekend as i was out, but i have updated with the latest hotfix that did not address it but i will roll back and will follow up with you until we see an update regarding fixes for infraworks and such.  Thank you for your expediency on the matter.

Message 7 of 9
EJ_Catfish

This is not a solution?  Or is there a patch I am missing?

Message 8 of 9
SethHall
in reply to: EJ_Catfish

Hi @EJ_Catfish

Not a permanent solution, but rolling back the Windows Update will resolve the issue until we get the hot fix finished, which should be very soon. Please keep an eye on this thread for any updates: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/infraworks-forum/please-do-not-update-to-windows-10-april-release-bui...

Thank you for your patience

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 9 of 9
Devin

i have tested it and it fixed the issues i was having.  the software in general feels very beta, but id love to see civil 3d move this way in the future.  too many bugs otherwise to use day to day

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report