Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import IMX to infraworks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
682 Views, 5 Replies

Import IMX to infraworks

Hello!

I create a alignment and a surface in civil 3d and export it to imx then to infraworks however the alignment shifts to the wrong place while the surface is correct. I checked the coordinates and the location of the alignment incorrectly.

What could be the problem?
The coordinate systems are the same I checked.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous ,

my first thought was it could be something with the curve geometry used in Civil 3D that InfraWorks cannot solve. But the differences between the alignments are too big.

Therefore, my guess is that it's something to do with the coordinate systems and transformation.

What coordinate system do you use in Civil 3D? What coordinate system is your InfraWorks model created with (database CS)?

Regards,

Karsten

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

We used russia MSK 33 zona 1. In infraworks we use same coordinate system.

Message 4 of 6
Karsten.Saenger

Hi @Anonymous ,

is MSK 33 zona 1 a coordinate system available in the Autodesk Coordinate Systems database? I guess not, because I cannot find it.
So, if it's a user defined and custom coordinates system, it could be that the transformation to/from LL84 (WGS84).

It still sounds strange that the alignment is wrong while the surface isn't.
Is it possible to share a DWG with the coordinate system assigned and the alignment and surface data (IMX, DWG, LandXML)?

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

This is database coordinate system taken from Autodesk russia.

Message 6 of 6
Karsten.Saenger

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have tested your DWG and assigned custom coordinate system in Civil 3D and InfraWorks.

In InfraWorks I am not able to display the terrain surface nor the alignment.

In Civil 3D, if you type GEOMAP to load Bing Images, there is an error message that no geographic location is defined.

I believe the coordinate system was not set up correctly and it's not possible for Civil 3D and InfraWorks to transform data from and to LL84 (WGS84) correctly.

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report