Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create sidewalk ramps and driveways in infraworks?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1167 Views, 4 Replies

How do I create sidewalk ramps and driveways in infraworks?

I have a couple of models that I am trying to create sidewalk ramps and driveways in but am not having much luck. 
Does anyone know if this can be done and how.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JasonArtley
in reply to: Anonymous

There's not really an easy way, but it is possible. Here's a couple tricks I've used in the past to make it look like a ramp/driveway is in my model.

Method 1: Use component roads, split the curb and leave a gap. Then use transition in/out to make a curb transition. Then use a land area to make the driveway. It takes a little adjustment but can make a decent ramp.

Method 2: Same as above, but leave the gap without the transitions. Use sketchup/formit/etc to model a ramp or driveway and drop it into the gap you made. 

Method 1 example:

IW-Driveway.JPG

Message 3 of 5

Hi @Anonymous ,

there is a possibility to model these sidewalk ramps in Civil 3D with a Dynamo script, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=372&v=uqEg7XbvnL4 (from minute 36:30):

2019-11-04 10_02_27-[Webinar] Infrastructure Design Automation with Dynamo for Civil 3D - YouTube.png

You could load the results into InfraWorks for visualisation.

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 4 of 5
h.malgarezi
in reply to: JasonArtley

It's not possible to use transitions (in/out) using the default curb/curb&gutter element for component roads.

Message 5 of 5
dean_petersen
in reply to: h.malgarezi

It can still be done if you make the kerb shape you want out of one or more Generic Shape components.

deanpetersen_0-1650493297564.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report